We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time from one point of island to the next.

United States
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drive time from one point of island to the next.

My husband and I will be in Barbados in a couple of days. We have a number of things scheduled to do all over the island. I am concerned about the drive time from one end of the island to the next. How easy and long is the drive from, e.g. St. James to Bridgetown? We do have a rental car. Thanks for your help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive time from one point of island to the next.

St. James to Bridgetown is about 30 mins.

To do a whole circuit of the island will take you a full day.

The island is relatively small, and all points of interest are within 2-3 hrs drive maximum

Mark

Tanworth-in-Arden...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive time from one point of island to the next.

St. James to Bridgetown will take approx 20 mins along the coast road

Regards, Marjorie

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive time from one point of island to the next.

Barbados is 21 miles long by 14 miles wide! The roads are interesting to say the least. They drive on the opposite side from the US.

Whilst there are some main roads, the majority are not what you will be used to. Once out of the main areas, there are few signposts, but you will eventually get to where you want to go!! Buy a road map and go for it - it is part of the charm. I fyou want an interesting journey, go to Bathsheba for a picnic or lunch at The Roundhouse. You can watch the surfers on the Atlantic Breakers. When I was there in the middleof last year there was a dog on the beach who like you to throw coconut shells - he would bring them back; you throw them again; he brings them back.....

Ask anyone, they will help you. The people are wonderful.