We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port St Charles sunbeds

Level Contributor
41 posts
Port St Charles sunbeds

Hi. We'd like to visit the beach here. Are there any bars like jumas in speightstown that offer free sun beds and shades and food is reasonably priced?

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,492 posts
383 reviews
1. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

Isabella,

The sun beds by PSC are for guests of PSC only. There are no bars nor restaurants on that beach, but there is the Yacht Club at PSC where you can have lunch even if not staying there.

Regards

Level Contributor
22 posts
2. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

The yacht club is amazing!

You can stay for the day and use their sunbeds just so long as you use their bar/lunch service. They have a small swim up pool bar, the sea is beautiful and you can swim across to the beach.

We went twice in our 7 night stay this year and will return next year.

Essex
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
265 reviews
3. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

We are planning on spending a day here, I’ve seen their lunch menu online which looks perfect and we can of course use the re-discover voucher. Can anyone give an idea of drink costs please? Reasonable or at the more expensive end?

Many thanks

Donna

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

Drinks at PSC Yacht Club are more expensive than you'd pay at a beach bar such as Juju's or Santi but I think are reasonably priced considering you have use of their facilities FOC, sun beds, shades, swimming pool, showers and washroom.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

Yes totally agree Chris, when we used to stop at PSC only guests were allowed to use the yacht club, I am amazed they don't charge to use the sunbeds and pool there albeit it is very small. It is such a lovely spot, we really enjoy taking the water taxi over for lunch. I would say the prices are probably similar to Lonestar for drinks.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

UKTripfan - perhaps they will introduce a charge after this budget!!!!!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

😂 😂 😂 Chris, I don't think it was sustainable from just owners and visitors to PSC so it's a good thing, it keeps the doors open.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,950 posts
73 reviews
8. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

The original Membership fee for the Yacht Club was so astronomical even many of the owners refused to pay it, so eventually PSC saw the error of their ways and made it public. However, I do believe they should charge a nominal fee for the use of their sun beds etc.

Level Contributor
22 posts
9. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

I didn't find the drinks expensive at all considering they were served in real glasses, were cold from the fridge and the cocktails were hand prepared.

Nothing wrong with a rum punch in a plastic cup but also happy with a good quality hand prepared cold cocktail!

Essex
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
265 reviews
10. Re: Port St Charles sunbeds

Thanks for the information, we have no problem paying the price for the drinks when we are using the facilities. As there will be six of us just keen to get an idea of budget we need to allow.

Donna

Reply to: Port St Charles sunbeds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted