We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The old "Inverurie" hotel.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
The old "Inverurie" hotel.

Anyone know what the current name of the old Inverurie hotel is? Is it still standing? (It was on Harbour Road in Paget) I have many fond memories vacationing at that hotel as a youngster. Curious if it has been refurbished, etc.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The old "Inverurie" hotel.

I GOOGLED the name Inverurie hotel and got this link:

www.bermudaresorthotels.com/ Hotels/TheWharf/

The old hotel is now The Wharf Executive Suites, refurbished and touting itself as a 'boutique' hotel and reading between the lines I bet this means 'pricey'. Been in business as WES for a couple of years.

It is still on Harbor Rd in Paget.

By the way, been meaning to ask you, do you like blue points? Oysters, that is.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The old "Inverurie" hotel.

Up until the 1960's....my town's harvest was listed on menus all over the world. "Blue Point Oysters" are non-existant nowadays....killed off by over-harvesting and pollution. They may still be listed on menus....but they aren't the real deal! And yes....I love 'em....but cooked (a la Rockerfeller)....not raw!

Thanks for the Inverurie info.

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The old "Inverurie" hotel.

Good to know about the oysters. I'm sure Dover sole isn't always from Dover.

USA
Level Contributor
27,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The old "Inverurie" hotel.

>>>Anyone know what the current name of the old Inverurie hotel is? Is it still standing? (It was on Harbour Road in Paget) I have many fond memories vacationing at that hotel as a youngster. Curious if it has been refurbished, etc.<<<

The old INVERURIE HOTEL on Harbour Road (at Cobb's Hill Road) has changed hands a couple of times over the past 20 years or so. The '..new..' building , across the Harbour Rd. from the main hotel was sold off separately and re-developed as resident-owner condos. The original, main hotel building on the harbourfront was sold and became the PALM REEFS HOTEL for a few years. The hotel changed hands again a few years ago and was re-developed as THE WHARFS EXECUTIVE SUITES and private condos. The current Wharfs Executive Suites' (managed by Bermuda Resort Hotels) room inventory is only 14 suites. The rest are owned by individuals or corporations who use these suites for their visiting business guests. The suites available for rental through The Wharfs are certainly pleasant and functional...but hardly luxurious...intended primarily for practical business travelers rather than tourists. I suspect that in time, all of the suites will become privately owned.

If you're interested, the old NEWSTEAD HOTEL, which had been sold a couple of years ago, and was supposed to be renovated and added on to has now been completely razed down to the ground and a new property is to replace it.Originally the re-development plan had called for a hotel with the addition of private condos built on the '..under-developed..' portion of the property...but that '..plan..' has quite evidently changed and as has become quite common with re-development plans on Bermuda, there's no telling exactly what the final form/fate of the property will wind up being.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The old "Inverurie" hotel.

Yes....I remember the 'new' area. We stayed there (back in the late 60's) quite a few times. They built a nice big pool up on the hill in front of the building...and there was a big game room adjacent to the pool.

That was back in the day when we could take a cruise ship to Bermuda.....stay in the hotel.....then cruise home! Now that was the best of both worlds!!

Thanks for the info. I know the person who was the "Social Director" for the Inverurie hotel for over 20 years (from the early 60's thru the 70's). Her name is Norma Schill (if anyone out there remembers). She has since moved to New Jersey (reason unknown!) and retired.

Thanks again!!