We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

Columbus, Ohio
8 posts
Save Topic
Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

We just got back from a cruise and wanted to recommend Sonny Binns of Binns Tours for a great island tour of Aruba. He has a modern, comfortable, air-conditioned bus that carries 25 passengers, and a minimum of 6 is required. We had a 3 hour tour for $30 each in cash. I recruited people on the ship and we had 7 or 8, and we all loved it. We didn't pay until we got there, meeting him in the cruise terminal. We saw all the big sites (except the national park, which takes a lot of time), and he was willing to drop people off at beaches on the way back if they wanted. We also were able to hear a lot about island life and ask questions. He can be reached at binns.tours@yahoo.com. (Don't forget the dot between binns and tours.) Do email in advance so he will know to be there waiting! His cell: 297-5926535 and 297-5682028.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

I've heard good things about Sonny Binns. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Westbury, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

We booked yesterday while you were on tour. He got back to us last night, he even replied a "You're welcome" after I replied with a "Thank you". He is a very polite person, looking foward to meet him.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

We reviewed the comments on TripAdvisor before booking a tour of Aruba with Sonny Binns. The comments were extremely positive so we were confident as the day approached. It was such a great experience and exactly what we expected. Sonny was waiting for the group as we arrived to Aruba. He was friendly and extremely professional. I was so impressed the way he responded to questions from children. He knows how to deliver exceptional customer service. Some tour guides would "wait for you on the bus" as you toured a site. That is not true for Sonny. He walked with our group up a rock formation, making sure we approached in a safe manner. He uses his 24 years of island experience as he described what you are looking at during the tour. It is was fun listening to Sonny's historical descriptions of areas on the island. You can tell he loves Aruba and it is his "passion" to tour with the guests. I highly recommend booking with Sonny Binns for a tour of Aruba. His email address is: binns.tours@yahoo.com He responds quickly to emails.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 06:29
Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

I agree with every positive comment I have read about Sonny Binn's Bus tours of Aruba. I organized a group of 10 people from our cruise to take his tour and it was a highlight of our trip. Sonny is intelligent, kind and very interesting in the way he shares his love for his home island of Aruba. Well worth the $30 fee for a 3 hour tour covering so many amazing sights.

Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

We just returned from a cruise 3/23 - 3/30 and did a tour w/ Sonny and it was EXCELLENT. I usually am not a tour person and find them extremely boring but Sonny was great. Good stories w/ a local flair. Great stops that didn't drag on and we saw a lot. The scheduled 3 hr tour actually ended up being about 3 1/2 hrs and I, as well as everyone else on the tour, really enjoyed it. He was great!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

We had read about how good Sonny's tour was so we emailed him for more information for a tour for our group of 4 when the cruise ship docked on April 3rd. He was very responsive and even added the Aloe factory tour since we had an extra hour. He was waiting for us and was very articulate and knowledgeable about Aruba. What we really appreciated was his "local" insights to tell us about more than just the lighthouse and the natural bridge. He took us through neighborhoods and was very cordial and thoughtful. We would recommend him for anybody looking to save money and get a better tour experience compared to the excursions that the cruise ships sell.

Ga
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

We just got back from the Carnival Breeze which went to Aruba. We used Sonny Binn Tours and it was fantastic. He is very personable, polite and prompt. He took us to all the spots we wanted to see, some we didn't know about and then on to the beach. He responded to all my e-mails promptly and worked with me and my group of 28. His bus is air conditioned and he is very informative and will answer all your questions. He even stopped and picked a cashew flower with a cashew on top of it so we could see it up close. I would recommend him in a heart beat. You do need to contact him early though because he is in high demand. We booked with him over a year in advance and many people were complaining because they couldn't get him. Now I know why.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

Just curious, Almost every post on this thread was a first time post in a forum. I see some reviews but no forum post. Almost every post has the same theme with contact info for this business. It's also interesting that as this thread ages it seems to come back alive every few weeks. That would lead one to believe that the people posting were looking for the thread containing this business instead of simply reviewing the business on their own. Now, there seems to be a very consistent grouping of info on this business by first time posters. Did someone from this business ask you to write your experience and post contact info or did all of you just happen to find this thread by coincidence and and post your experience? It's just a question i was curious about. Thanks for taking the time to contribute either way!

Edited: 08 May 2013, 05:24
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

I can only speak for myself but I didn't find many (if any) "tour companies" on-line in Aruba so I had to search a little more broadly and found excellent reviews about Sonny. He doesn't even have a website; just an email address. I wasn't going to pay for an over-priced and crowded cruise excursion. So for me the recommendation of other independent travelers who had been to Aruba made the difference. Sonny didn't even mention TripAdvisor.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Island Tour with Sonny Binns

This tour sounds very enticing. I would like to know if children ages 4.5 to age 15 would find this fun? Please advise me what stops he does make and where?

If this isn't appropriate for kids, where would you recommend taking them?

Thanks,

Lisa

Edited: 20 May 2013, 21:15