We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolex watch prices in Aruba?

Manville, NJ
Level Contributor
137 posts
Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

Has anyone purchased a Rolex watch in Aruba? I'm trying to find out how much they discount compared to US retail prices there. In the US authorized dealers will not discount off of retail for the stainless models...

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
7 reviews
107 helpful votes
1. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

This topic has come up before but I don't think anyone had an answer. If you find out, please let us know!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

Back in 2002, my girlfriend at the time (now my wife!) purchased a Rolex downtown at a store I believe called Little Switzerland. Off the top of my head I knew that the prices were discounted than what you would pay in the U.S. because she had done her homework. I can't remember the exact percentage of discount but on the safe side I would say 15 - 20%. For some reason I think she paid something like $3800 for a watch that runs about $4500 here in the states. I can tell you that the Rolex is genuine and authentic and she still wears it every day to this day.

I am actually going back to Aruba in less then a month and can check the prices if you want to give me the exact make and model to look for.

CANADA
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
20 helpful votes
3. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

Little Switzerland is a very reputable store with stores all over the Caribbean and a reputation for being a good dealer, but be very careful when buying watches such as Rolex at other little family stores because you may get a knock-off.

Know your prices from home and then ask sales person at reputable store at home how to tell a knock-off from the real thing to make sure you don't get ripped off.

Not saying that this would happen in Aruba, but always be careful anywhere you travel that you do actually get the genuine article.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
35 helpful votes
4. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

Well said ONZGO! Little Switzerland is as authentic as a jewlery shop there is in Aruba. The staff there is professional and very friendly. Remember if you see something that appears too good to be true, it probably is.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
40 helpful votes
5. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

be careful if you are using a credit card-many are charging %1-%3 for an international exchange rate charge.call your credit card company.

Manville, NJ
Level Contributor
137 posts
6. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be there the first week in September. I see there are several Little Switzerland stores near my hotel, so hopefully they will have what I'm looking for and at the right price. Feedback on any other experiences would be helpful. Was anyone able to haggle on prices?

CANADA
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
20 helpful votes
7. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

Haggling on prices is not really done in Aruba, especially at reputable stores like Little Switzerland or Columbian Emeralds. Some of the smaller family run stores MIGHT haggle, but if you want a genuine Rolex be very, very careful. Aruba is quite a rich island with basically no umemployment and thus the people have no need to haggle.

Best bet is to research prices at home and write down style/model numbers and prices of the Rolex's you like before you come to Aruba and do comparison shopping at a reputable jewellery store.

If something seems to good to be true, it usually is.

CANADA
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
20 helpful votes
8. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

OOPS! Sorry Happy Family, I stole your line. My bad.

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
7 reviews
107 helpful votes
9. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

I think you can (and should) always haggle prices on jewelry!!!

Manville, NJ
Level Contributor
137 posts
10. Re: Rolex watch prices in Aruba?
Save

I never pay the initial asking price for any jewelry purchase in the US... hence, that is why I'm going to check out Little Switzerland in Aruba for Rolex, because the model I'm looking for is not discounted in the US. I'm just trying the get an idea for how much room places in Aruba have to discount prices as compared to the US. Rolex controls their prices very tightly here, but I'm assuming that in Aruba, the rules can be broken a bit more easily... just looking for experiences people have had in negotiating.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.