We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How humid is it in Aruba?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How humid is it in Aruba?

Hello, we have been to Mexico (Gulf side), Cuba and Dominican and all are extremely humid. We like Mexico (Pacific side) as it is not as humid, my husband gets prickly heat and we need to avoid the really humid spots, but from what I am reading Aruba may not be as bad for humidity, anyone have some experience with Aruba in October. I am from Ontario, Canada and it is really humid here but his prickly heat doesn't act up here, the sun isn't as strong here as well. Thanks, Barb

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

Average humidity in Aruba is 77.6% and 79.0 during the month of October. http://www.weather.an/climate/aru.climsum.htm

Many do not feel the humidity, in that much like Florida, the humidity increases at night and once the sun rises it tends to dry the air out.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
309 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

I was surprised to read the above post as we have been to Aruba 3 times (going again in 2 weeks) and have felt little to no humidity....it is hot but the steady breeze makes it very nice weather...

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

We found it to be very humid, but you don't feel it due to the wind. As with anywhere else, the humidity is higher at night, but again, there is the wind. I hate heat, humidity, sun, and the beach (plus I don't swim) but I loved Aruba, so maybe that answers it for you :)

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

The only time the humidity bothers me is when we're in town shopping......never are we bothered by it on the beach unless there is a tropical system in the Atlantic that may make the breezes die down for a couple days.....if that happens, stay in the water. LOL

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

I agree with "get away from it all". I only noticed the humidity while in Oranjestad shopping. Because it is a desert island as opposed to some of the more lush islands in the Caribbean, it is somewhat drier. It is certainly more comfortable than in places like Florida, the Virgin Islands, and some of the areas I have visited in Mexico.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
314 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

Just curious owlyn. Most people goto Aruba for the beach and the sun. What exactly draws you there?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

Seapointer,

Your guess is a good as mine.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

We just got back a few days ago after 2 weeks. We found that it was slightly humid in the evening (but not 'sweating humid').

It is much, much more humid in Florida than in Aruba. In Florida this same time of year, you start to sweat very soon. We didn't feel the same way in Aruba.

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

Yes it gets humid in Aruba....I got some really bad hair pictures to prove it!

Aruba
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How humid is it in Aruba?

*nodding wildly at Wutzy's post*

uh-HUH! I invest heavily in "Frizz-ease" hair products to keep 'the bird's nest' under control! ;-)