We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
Rain
Save

Not a question, just a vent. It has been raining in Aruba for the past two days - literally non stop. I'm hearing that this may be the case for the rest of the hurricane season due to a changing weather pattern in the tropics....

I feel like I've been jumping through hoops just to even go on this trip - watching cases and hospitalizations rise for the past 1.5 months, scheduling Covid tests, rescheduling them.. watching restrictions pile up... one thing after another. Now rain? I really don't want to be locked in my room all day because of rain and then have to be back again early because of the curfews. leaving this weekend, and honestly I feel like all of the stress at this point is not even worth it. Someone calm me down. Or just give me a virtual hug. First world problems, I am aware. I'm just stressed, and its unnecessary stress.

30 replies to this topic
Bowling Green...
4 posts
1. Re: Rain
Save

I am here too and can not believe it’s raining!!! All of the hoops we jumped through and money we spent and now we’re locked in our room watching tv!! So, it’s supposed to rain ALL week??? We’re leaving Sat! This sucks! I get it, first world probs hug from me. Although I’m really too mad to hug anyone!

Bowling Green...
4 posts
2. Re: Rain
Save

I am here too and can not believe it’s raining!!! All of the hoops we jumped through and money we spent and now we’re locked in our room watching tv!! So, it’s supposed to rain ALL week??? We’re leaving Sat! This sucks! I get it, first world probs hug from me. Although I’m really too mad to hug anyone!

newjersey
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Rain
Save

Suppose to clear up by Thursday a little, sunny Friday & Saturday- first half of Sunday; Cloudy next Monday & Tuesday.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
4. Re: Rain
Save

Pam L - keep us posted if it clears. This is unbelievable - I feel so bad for you. Nothing worse than rain in Aruba plus the hoops we need to jump through. I heard there’s a storm in Venezuela but Aruba doesn’t usually get rain from those storms - just very hot with no winds. Global warming!

Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
123 reviews
80 helpful votes
5. Re: Rain
Save

If no lightning, why not go down and swim in the rain. Its exhilarating to go under water and listen to the rain hitting the sea. Is it ideal? No, but it will be a unique experience and better then sitting in the hotel. Plus you will likely have the beach to yourself!

Bowling Green...
4 posts
6. Re: Rain
Save

We are leaving Saturday but I will keep y’all posted! Yes, global warming for sure! Thank goodness we always bring a laptop and something to watch just in case. With the restrictions and so forth plus we’re not ones to run around late. We brought the whole set of Game of Thrones, thinking that we’d never have time but what if we tested positive and were stuck in quarantine here for 10 days!! Now it’s going to be rainy day watching I guess! 😔

MD
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: Rain
Save

Where did you hear that it's going to rain non stop in Aruba for the rest of hurricane season due to changing weather patterns in the tropics?

I'd like to see a reputable link/article about this news.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8. Re: Rain
Save

Invest 98L is moving through southwestern Caribbean - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ It sucks to be on vacation any place and be stuck indoors due to rain. But as the saying goes when life gives you lemons . . . Hopefully you have a room with a covered patio or terrace that you can sit and enjoy a beverage while watching the rain drops. Sorry you are not able to enjoy all Aruba has to offer. While there may not be a link to article referencing climate change in the tropics, for those of us who have been visiting Aruba for a long time, it is apparent that something is changing.

Level Contributor
121 posts
9. Re: Rain
Save

Tropical wave over Aruba now maybe the next hurricane for the gulf states this weekend.Should get better for Aruba tomorrow.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
17 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: Rain
Save

I once went to Aruba in November (2012 maybe?) and it rained off and on all week long. We stayed at the Divi and at night everyone would be crowded under the canopy of the beach bar trying to stay dry. We had some sun each day (not much) but it was constant showers/downpours. I havent booked again in the fall after that trip!

Reply to: Rain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.