We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids

New Jersey
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
5 helpful votes
Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

Hi everyone

We will be (hopefully! If my covid-anxiety doesnt get the better of me!) headed to Aruba for the first time with our kids in tow (under 10 years of age).

We are staying at the Marriott Stellaris. I just read about Cabana rentals for the 'adult pool'-- Are there any such things for those with kids (obviously, not at the adults only pool :))?

Any tips for those staying at this particular resort, with kids, to make the trip a little easier and/or more fun?

examples might be: reserve a cabana/the cost is X, but if you ask after a certain time it drops to Y, etc)

or Use a grocery delivery service to prestock the room...

etc...

Any tips truly appreciated :):)

13 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

Have you looked into the Marriott Surf Club? The Stellaris is beautiful, but the surf club is geared more for children with the expansive pool area & lazy river.

I believe Super Foods deliver. You can order online and schedule delivery prior to arrival. I have never done this because I have heard that many people do, and it is quite convenient and easy. https://www.superfoodaruba.com/

Edited: 20 August 2021, 17:21
New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

Sorry - tons of typos in my above response. I'm only 1/4 cup into my morning coffee - please bear with me!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

Thanks! There wasn’t availability on points stay at Surf club at the time, I’ll check again tho!

Thanks for grocery tip!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
4. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

You should also check the Ocean Club. You will have a kitchen which is good to have with kids. My husband and I stay at the Marriott Stellaris and love it it but no kitchen, just a tiny frig for drinks or maybe a few yogurts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

We will be at Stellaris middle of September also two kids. Regarding Surf Club I had called Marriott and they said the slide has been closed since pandemic.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

@NYMom927: I respectively disagree. The slide is not closed. Completely incorrect information. The Kids Club has been closed since the start of the pandemic. The slide and pools are open.

Edited: 20 August 2021, 19:13
Hutchinson Island...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

Surf Club kid friendly. Ocean Club some kids but geared to a more "mature" clientele. Stellaris a great property but on points all you usually get is a room with a mini fridge. Tradewinds Club level is adults only.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

I appreciate the alternative resort suggestions, but I’m really hoping for info about the Stellaris itself. Any tips in terms of palapa/cabana rentals, other things that would make the trip a little easier when traveling with kids?

Good to know they have mini fridges! Can keep a stash of chocolate milk in there :)

Does Stellaris offer any hybrid meal plans? The Westin used to offer breakfast and beverage plans (for adults)— something like that?

Also, I have Titanium status with Marriott— anything special this resort offers for that/club level access, etc?

Edited: 20 August 2021, 20:47
New Jersey
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
9. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

I am Titanium Elite Lifetime and unfortunately “resorts” out of the country do not offer concierge level floors and extra perks that you get in the US. We’ve stayed there for 23 years in a row up to 2019. Haven’t been there since but we are booked for September. When you arrive they will explain the current palapa system for booking free ones online day before or how you can pay for up to 3 days in a row. The system sometimes changes but it is a fair system. If you don’t mind not having a kitchen and an extra room for kids, it’s a beautiful resort. But most people with families book at the Surf Club for the lazy River or the Ocean Club as second choice. They offer 2 bedroom units with full kitchen. At the Marriott resort it wouldn’t make sense to order food online since there would be no place to store it. No kitchen table either. Just a hotel room. Hope this helps.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
10. Re: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Save

I am Titanium Elite Lifetime and unfortunately “resorts” out of the country do not offer concierge level floors and extra perks that you get in the US. We’ve stayed there for 23 years in a row up to 2019. Haven’t been there since but we are booked for September. When you arrive they will explain the current palapa system for booking free ones online day before or how you can pay for up to 3 days in a row. The system sometimes changes but it is a fair system. If you don’t mind not having a kitchen and an extra room for kids, it’s a beautiful resort. But most people with families book at the Surf Club for the lazy River or the Ocean Club as second choice. They offer 2 bedroom units with full kitchen. At the Marriott resort it wouldn’t make sense to order food online since there would be no place to store it. No kitchen table either. Just a hotel room. As for breakfast plans you can inquire either by calling Marriott now or when you arrive at the hotel. You can always add on breakfast.

Didn’t mean to post this twice. I added on to the end of this post.

Edited: 20 August 2021, 22:59
Reply to: Marriott Stellaris, with two young kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.