We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheeses, Nuts, Chocolates

New Jersey
Level Contributor
185 posts
21 reviews
5 helpful votes
Cheeses, Nuts, Chocolates
Save

Wanted to change the subject a little bit and speak on a cheese shop I visited during my recent trip. For those who are interested in various cheeses and assortment of roasted nuts, located within the Plaza Bookshop located in downtown Oranjestad is a recent addition of a cheese shop. They have an assortment of some great Dutch and European cheeses and various fresh roasted nuts along with some chocolates. In addition, they have dried fruit snacks as well (papaya, pineapple, cantaloupe etc..) There's surely something for everyone here.

My faves are the pistachios, they were awesome. The mix blend with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and almonds taste great as well with a bit of seasoning. As far as cheeses I sampled the Truffle Brie which was tasty and a Brugge that contained Fenugreek which tasted amazing. I'm not a cheese connoisseur by any means, I had to write these down but they were very good. They have a small selection of wines to pair as well. This might interest a few people, maybe those who shop for longer stays or maybe just want to grab a snack for a party or a gift for someone. Definitely check them out, the owners name is Neils, you can't miss him and his unique eyeglasses.

3 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Cheeses, Nuts, Chocolates
Save

Great info - Thank you for sharing. This is the first time that I'm hearing about this place. I know exactly the area that you are referring to - I'm going to check it out.

New York
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
19 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Cheeses, Nuts, Chocolates
Save

Thanks for the info I'm definitely going to check it out.

Lakeland, Florida
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
71 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Cheeses, Nuts, Chocolates
Save

Sounds wonderful.

Thanks!

We have always been very happy with the assortment of cheese at SuperFood.

Reply to: Cheeses, Nuts, Chocolates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.