We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021

Lakeland, Florida
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
71 reviews
51 helpful votes
Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

From Rona Costa Kahans Bati Bleki

At tonight’s press conference the Aruba government put into effect the following new restrictions:

•No live music and no dancing at clubs, bars, establishments. Background music only from only one artist at a time. Data shows that nightlife is the biggest contributor to the spread of Covid at the moment. Therefore, the following restrictions apply, no curfew for now.

•Schools will remain closed in Aruba until further notice (at least until September 1st). They were supposed to open August 19th.

Covid restrictions below have been in effect and will remain. They must be followed by everyone including tourists, locals, vaccinated, unvaccinated:

•Masks are mandatory indoors everywhere on the island.

•All establishments must be closed from 12:00am until 6:00am except those on hotel properties. Check with your hotel for closing hours.

•Location ban on beaches and parking lots between 12:00am until 6:00am. Nobody is allowed on beaches and in public parking lots at those times.

•No alcohol in public areas including beaches unless drinking at a resort or beach establishment. It is prohibited to have alcohol on any public beaches, parking lots, parks, or in any public place unless it is a licensed establishment.

•All visitors ages 15 and older flying to Aruba must wear a mask on the airplane and at the airport in Aruba.

6 replies to this topic
Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
293 posts
38 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

Thank you Andrea. You are a huge resource to those of us who use this travel forum.

Lakeland, Florida
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
71 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

you are welcome mike g

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
45 reviews
57 helpful votes
3. Re: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

Thank you for sharing this information Andrea. I'm interested to see if they put in further restrictions. I hope they remove the option to test upon arrival, I think that would help their situation as well as put some tourists minds at ease.

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
259 posts
17 reviews
20 helpful votes
4. Re: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

Thank you, Andrea. We are planning on our first trip to Aruba for Dec. 1 - 9, and I check this forum daily for updates. Your info, not just opinion, is important as the situation develops. We hope we don't have to cancel our trip, and island residents and visitors do what is asked to help decrease Covid's impact. Stay safe.

Lakeland, Florida
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
71 reviews
51 helpful votes
5. Re: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

you are welcome Nikki and Gpkan....!!!

:)

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
37 reviews
82 helpful votes
6. Re: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Save

When I heard this last night I thought "That's it, the dancing is the problem!" *insert sarcasm* I think they need further restrictions. This is getting very scary with numbers.

Reply to: Update of rules and protocols as of Aug 12, 2021
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.