We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?

1 post
1 review
Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?

Hello, I am visiting Aruba for the first time for a quick trip to celebrate my tenth wedding anniversary. I am using points and I can get a regular (non-suite/limited view) room at the Ritz or an ocean view room at the Hyatt Regency. What would be a better use of points? If there is another hotel that would be better, please advise also! Bucuti & Tara doesn't take our points, but if they are the really really best option, I would consider trading points for cash and going for it. We'll only be there for 4 nights (wish it could be more!). Thank you in advance for you help.

4 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?

I have stayed at both and IMO the Ritz is much nicer. Me and my wife love sitting on the balcony and 90% of the Hyatt rooms don’t have balconies you can sit on. The Ritz rooms are 2x the size as well. The Hyatt is very nice but I am not a fan of the small rooms.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?

As much as I have always enjoyed staying at the Hyatt, the Ritz wins hands down IMO. If you are paying with points and are a Ritz Gold Member you will get upgraded to an ocean front room....I get one every time I pay with points and book the limited view room. I arrive tomorrow and I have a limited view room booked but unless they are sold out of oceanfront rooms....I will land in one tomorrow and I know they are not sold out.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?

The regular rooms at the Ritz are 550 sq feet and the rooms at the Hyatt (minues the suites) are often less than 400 sq feet.

Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
493 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?

I believe that Bucuiti has a five night minimum.

Reply to: Regular Room at the Ritz or nicer room at the Hyatt Regency?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted