We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)

Boston...
12 posts
First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)

Hello,

We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 4 and 5) traveling to aruba for the first time. I am having a hard time deciding between choosing an all inclusive resort vs non all inclusive. The convenience of the all inclusive is certainly appealing with the kids, especially since they are somewhat fussy eaters. However, I know there are great restaurants outside of the resorts. Our other priority is trying to find a place that has a kids club and 1 bedroom suites that will allow some privacy for mom and dad or at least a separated living area. The Divi Aruba and Tamarijn all inclusive looks great but do not have any suites and we would rather be on the beach so the other Divi properties aren't all that appealing to us.

The few we are looking at are:

Divi Aruba Phoenix

Barceló Royal Level

Riu Palace

Amsterdam Manor

Please let me know thoughts and if there are other resorts I should look into.

4 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)

Non AI for sure. There are so many great places to eat and drink outside of the resorts.

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)

I agree non AI - Looking at the Costa linda 2 bedroom renting from owners directly. Sandra runs the kids club there and she was excellent when my kids were young. Marriott surf club has a kids club with 2 bedroom.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
3. Re: First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)

Another vote for Costa Linda

New York
Level Contributor
650 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)

Try La Cabana....1 bedroom suites,not locked in to Friday-Friday ( or other timeshare days), lots of kids activities,beautiful stretch of beach and walking distance to great places to eat. I always read alot of reviews ,look at travelers pictures and decide. Gets great reviews! Good luck let us know what you decide. We booked through Choice Hotels last Spring had no issue checking in on a Thursday and leaving on Wednesday and price was right.

Reply to: First time to Aruba -Need Advice on Resorts (AI vs Non AI)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted