We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Name In 2004

J D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Name In 2004

My husband and I went to Aruba on our honeymoon in 2004. I’m pretty sure we stayed at the Hyatt but can’t remember. At the time, I remember a big clock on the hotel and out in the water was this big metal platform that people would jump off of. We want to go back but thought the hotel was bought by another chain and now we aren’t sure what to look for but want to stay in this same hotel location. Can anyone tell me the hotel name that is there now? Txs

8 replies to this topic
Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

Was it the Wyndham or Westin whiich is now part of the Riu AI.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,528 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

Yep...it was in the Westin/Wyndham and is now the RIU Antillas which is an adults only AI at this point...not sure the name at that point though in 2004.

We got married in 1996 and stayed at the Hyatt then...and they never had a clock or a platform to jump off of. Enjoy your return to Aruba...it will look a bit different with some of the building across the street being new but its still the same great spot you fell in love with years ago.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 01:58
NJ
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

It was the Wyndham. Stayed there 2003/2004/2005.

NJ
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

The hotel is there - Rui

The clock is gone

J D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

Yes, The Wyndham, now I remember. I looked at the new hotel and it is a little more than what I want to spend. We like smaller, more quaint hotels and I’m wondering if there are any you would recommend either on the beach or across the street. We don’t need all inclusive, spas, etc. just something quaint, nice, safe and clean. Any recommendations?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,648 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

Smaller hotels on Eagle Beach: Amsterdam Manor and Manchebo.

We stay at Amsterdam Manor every year and love it - only 72 rooms, quiet beach, and a variety of different size rooms to choose from (all with a full kitchen or kitchenette.)

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

We love Amsterdam Manor as well - quaint and there is never a problem getting a chair and palapa on the beach.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Name In 2004

Who will ever forgive the Riu from removing the old Wyndham clock 🤬. Loved that clock!

Reply to: Hotel Name In 2004
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted