We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline tickets

Warwick,NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airline tickets

When is the best time to buy airline tickets to Aruba from Newark NJ? Did I miss out on the best price already? Should I wait or book asap?

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline tickets

For what dates?

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline tickets

Jet Blue out of JFK has been consistently cheaper than anything out of EWR. My rule of thumb has always been two months out, but looking at the increased demand of Aruba I'm gonna settle for $700 real soon. I'm flying out weekend before Thanksgiving which can be expensive. If you're seeing anything near $500 jump on it if you ask me.

Warwick,NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline tickets

11/4-11/11/18

Warwick,NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline tickets

11/4-11/11/18

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline tickets

Saturday to Saturday will be peak pricing and EWR prices are brutal then. +$1100 plus. I'd definitely wait on that, can't get any worse. Again JFK is much better, in this case $500 cheaper. American at $630 isn't bad for Saturday travel. I prefer EWR because of the drive, but I actually like flying out of JFK better.

(How I wish any of the 4 airports upstate near me offered anything close to reasonable flights. I drive the 3 hours to the city instead.)

Edited: 05 August 2018, 05:19
LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline tickets

I would look out of JFK.. that is Jersey Week off so EWR will run high. Crazy, Stupid high. Fights on Jetblue that day still have tons of seats.. those prices will come down.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline tickets

Other airlines post fares before JetBlue. We got great fares out of EWR. Traveling during School vacation, February.

Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline tickets

If you can fly in and out on a monday it would be under 600.Most of the seats on the sunday united nonstop flights are taken so there’s not much chance of them dropping.

Warwick,NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline tickets

Thank you everyone for your advice. I was in a panic and it was great to get so many responses so quickly.

Enjoy your journey's!

Arena

Reply to: Airline tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted