We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low Season in Aruba??

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Low Season in Aruba??

Does Aruba have a low season??.... I just tried to booking serveral hotels and they are booked solid for late Nov/ Dec... and the prices are outrageous!

10 replies to this topic
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

Pretty sure you're getting into high season. Low season would be MAYish to October?

Try vrbo or Airbnb.

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
549 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

My sister-in-law has traveled to Aruba several times in November at what she feels were good prices. This year she tells us it is more expensive. Probably due to many new visitors to the island due to hurricane damage at other islands. Count my husband and me as two of the newbies. We went in April for the first time and liked it so much we are returning in November. We are paying close to what we paid in April.

New York
Level Contributor
570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

The low season in Aruba is generally in September through the early part of December. We go in the Fall to gt better rates, however the prices are really going up. Aruba has become very popular. There was a bad hurrican in the Caribbean last year so people are not rushing back to St Maarten, St Thomas, St John and Puerto Rico. Since there is more demand for Aruba the prices are high.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
792 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

Rates in late November at up about $800 for a ten day trip out of NYC area. Flights at this point for economy are up about $200, the rest is increased room rates. Plenty of options are close to fully booked too. Last year I was able to switch things around a week before my trip. This year I'm relieved I did already.

I blame increased demand from displaced travelers from hurricane affected islands and perhaps even the sargassum seaweed problem.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
792 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

By the way, here's a cool bargain I stumbled upon. Was at Sam's Club last month, they were selling $100 Hotels.com gift cards for about $88 including tax. I bought a dozen of them. You can combine them online. It was a pain in the butt to enter the numbers but still. Saved an easy $150 on my booking.

Level Contributor
424 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

We have booked in September the past two years and have found it to be reasonable.

Bellingham...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

How crowded was the island in September, we have always gone in March but this year we booked for September.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

After Labor Day (first Monday in September) in the U.S., most schools have started back. We observed there were still a large number of families, mostly from Central and South America. That said, its nothing like June.

Weather wise, Aruba is great in September.

Level Contributor
424 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

At Hilton the was apparently sold out, but did not feel that way. We had no problem renting the free palapas everyday. We enjoyed it so much we are heading back to Aruba in three weeks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Low Season in Aruba??

Low season is April 15 to December 15 however there are highs and lows within that time frame, Thanksgiving week for example is very busy and costly..

Reply to: Low Season in Aruba??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted