We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Linda questions

Level Contributor
426 posts
19 reviews
Playa Linda questions

Hi All,

Less than a month away from our first stay at Playa Linda. Just had a couple of questions if someone could answer:

- is there WiFi or do you have to pay for it? I’m reading mixed reviews.

-is there places on the beach to refill our water bottles?

-how far is it from Superfoods?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Playa Linda questions

I am at Playa Linda now and it's our last day 😢

I would call the wifi sketchy at best. You get a free code and it's good for 4 devices...it doesn't always work. There is an option to pay for a higher speed and it's around $21 for the week, we kept meaning to pay for it but we just weren't around enough. I would recommend getting the wrist bands, they are $5 per person but you never take it off and it's your key..it's also waterproof.

Also, Starbucks is across the street and their wifi is great

Super Foods isn't really far but yo wouldn't walk to it...we rented a car so that helped.

There is SO much to do that is right near the Playa Linda it's a really a perfect location, have fun!

Level Contributor
426 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Playa Linda questions

Great. Thanks so much. Yes we stayed at the Hilton last year and loved it but wanted to try a different place. The only other thing I’m worried about is getting a palapa... how bad is it? I don’t need front row... I’ll take anything... do I really need to get up by 5a? We are renting a car so we are planning on going to superfoods either on our way or after check in. I didn’t know about the wrist bands... that sounds like a no brained! Enjoy the rest of your vaca!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Playa Linda questions

We had no problems with the palapas at the pool but the beach did fill up early. You can get them in the afternoons but if you want one in the morning you need to jump on it early

Central NY
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Playa Linda questions

5 am only if you want one near the front. Around 8 am most are taken but if you find one of the beach attendants to help you locate one, there always seems to be one available here or there. Right next to the coffee hut is a water cooler and ice that is available all day. WiFi is free to members but I believe renters are supposed to pay around $20 for it. Not sure how consistent they are about collecting that fee. Agree with the previous poster to invest in the wristbands - much easier than keeping track of the room cards. You’ve chosen a great place to stay - enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
879 posts
5. Re: Playa Linda questions

WiFi at PL is free for owners. Guests have to pay. There are a couple of different plans available.

Any faucet can be used to refill your water bottle. Tap water on the island is some of the best and safest anywhere.

Super Food is just under 2 miles away. Your best options are taxi or rental car.

Level Contributor
426 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Playa Linda questions

Thanks so much for all the info! 29 days and counting!

Reply to: Playa Linda questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted