We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee/Liquor Questions

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Coffee/Liquor Questions

Hello everyone,

My trip is fast approaching, so I'm making souvenir lists of things to bring back. My questions are:

1) What are some of the best whole bean coffee brands to buy that are not available in the USA? Preferably medium roast.

2)I know the limit for liquor is 2 liters/person

(per cbp website https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/kbyg/types-exemptions)

My husband is coming so we can get 4 liters. We are going to Bonaire and Curacao first, then Aruba. What liquors are produced in the ABC islands exclusively (or cannot be found in the US)that can be bought in Aruba? We have a layover in Panama so will need to check the alcohol.

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
9,817 Reviews
Aruba
Panama
Panama
Central America
Blackstone Treasures and Swimming UTV...
192 Reviews
from US$ 210.00*
Rugged Natural Pool Safari
262 Reviews
from US$ 89.99*
Special Offer
Aruba Island Ultimate Safari
525 Reviews
from US$ 106.99*
US$ 111.78
4 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee/Liquor Questions

https://www.pqparuba.com/palmera-rums2

There is Palmera Rum, see link, as for coffee, check the larger markets, Lings snd Superfoods.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
762 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee/Liquor Questions

Smit & Dorlas is a very popular coffee. I do not believe it is NOT available in the US

Edited: 02 August 2018, 17:26
New York
Level Contributor
562 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee/Liquor Questions

I believe when you arrive in Aruba and purchase alcohol from the duty free store that you are allowed 1 liter per person. If you purchase more then you have to pay the additional duty. I do not know what that cost is.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee/Liquor Questions

What if you purchase 1 liter duty free, then ship that AND another bottle in checked luggage on the way home? (Or does that not work lol)

Reply to: Coffee/Liquor Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted