We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi while in Aruba

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
Wi-Fi while in Aruba

I am trying to figure out how to get a Wi-Fi while not in a rental house and hope someone can help. Do restaurants have free WiFi? Is there a sim card we could buy that can be used for video chats (which usually use a lot of data)? We will not use Skype 24/7, but I though it would be nice to chat with family while on the beach, etc. We have verizon, but their plans are $10 extra dollars per day, so that would be extra 120 dollars for 12 days. I wonder if there is a cheaper option or if we should just limit any chats to the times we are in a rental house. Having Wi-Fi would also be nice in case we want to look a restaurant or an attraction up.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

5 replies to this topic
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
34 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

there is a cheaper way

you could get a SETAR SIM for your phone and buy some data.

the SETAR kiosk will be outside of the luggage area at aruba's airport.

the whole thing may cost you about $60 with 6g of data.

then you would be able to use all of SETAR hotspots using wifi not data.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 05:46
MD
Level Contributor
963 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

If you have Verizon just can use Travel pass. It costs you $10/day to use it and you use your same plan that you use at home. If there are days you don't use it, you won't pay $10 for that day.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

You can get WiFi all over the island in bars, restaurants, etc. just like you would back home.

TN
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

I highly recommend getting a Setar sim card. They have a kiosk outside the customs/arrival area. They will install the sim card for you and you can then choose the data plan you prefer.You can choose one or two weeks or monthly plans:

https:/…

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
5. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Reply to: Wi-Fi while in Aruba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted