We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi while in Aruba

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Wi-Fi while in Aruba

I am trying to figure out how to get a Wi-Fi while not in a rental house and hope someone can help. Do restaurants have free WiFi? Is there a sim card we could buy that can be used for video chats (which usually use a lot of data)? We will not use Skype 24/7, but I though it would be nice to chat with family while on the beach, etc. We have verizon, but their plans are $10 extra dollars per day, so that would be extra 120 dollars for 12 days. I wonder if there is a cheaper option or if we should just limit any chats to the times we are in a rental house. Having Wi-Fi would also be nice in case we want to look a restaurant or an attraction up.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

5 replies to this topic
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

there is a cheaper way

you could get a SETAR SIM for your phone and buy some data.

the SETAR kiosk will be outside of the luggage area at aruba's airport.

the whole thing may cost you about $60 with 6g of data.

then you would be able to use all of SETAR hotspots using wifi not data.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 05:46
MD
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

If you have Verizon just can use Travel pass. It costs you $10/day to use it and you use your same plan that you use at home. If there are days you don't use it, you won't pay $10 for that day.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

You can get WiFi all over the island in bars, restaurants, etc. just like you would back home.

TN
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

I highly recommend getting a Setar sim card. They have a kiosk outside the customs/arrival area. They will install the sim card for you and you can then choose the data plan you prefer.You can choose one or two weeks or monthly plans:

https:/…

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi-Fi while in Aruba

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Reply to: Wi-Fi while in Aruba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted