We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help planning one day around the Island

Roscoe, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Help planning one day around the Island

My husband and I are taking our first trip without the kids in September. We are staying at Bucuti and Tara and plan to relax beachside most of the week. We want to rent a car for the day to tour the island. Any recommendations on must see things and which part of the day to plan them. Best lunch on the island? Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
MD
Level Contributor
804 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

Have you considered renting ATV's for the day instead and exploring the rugged side of the island?

Just a thought...

Roscoe, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

I am definitely open to that. Can you drive the atv’s all over the island?

MD
Level Contributor
804 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

Yes you can drive the ATV's on the main roads. Typically when I've rented them we do a loop of the whole island, although the first time we didn't have time for that since we were stopping quite often. We started basically at the Palm Beach area then headed north, then road all the way along the coast line until you have to go inland to get to the entrance of the national park. Then we headed to the natural pool for a bit, then back to the other road at the park that continues along the coast past the windmills. We ended up at Baby Beach and ate lunch there then headed back to the Palm Beach area on the main road going through downtown.

If you do go this route however, I'd recommend getting your own ATV. Having a passenger on the whole time isn't nearly as fun as on your own, and the first time we did it my wife was on the rear and definitely didn't have as much fun as the second time when she had her own vehicle, although she rented a UTV instead of an ATV.

4. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

How many hours does it take to get around the island?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

Kristen I think it depends on how much you stop and take in the views, and how many pictures you take along the way. You could fly around the island and get it done in a couple of hours or you could spend the entire day...it really depends what you want to do and if you go off road to see some of the sights...

MD
Level Contributor
804 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

Yeah the first time we rented ATV's we didn't even make it to Baby Beach or the Windmills. It can take as long or as quick as you want it to take really.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Help planning one day around the Island

Agree with several people here, we rented an ATV in April and it was really wonderful to get around the city. I found that downloading Arubiana app is super helpful as it offers an offline map with all of the island's destinations and sightseeing spots. It took us a full 8 hours to hit every single spot on that map! Here are some of these activities that I've included on my blog if you want to get an idea on how to spend a full day driving around: tayaramuse.com/2018/06/22/bon-bini-na-aruba-…

Edited: 06 August 2018, 06:50
Reply to: Help planning one day around the Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted