We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar in Aruba?

Peabody...
2 posts
1 review
Iberostar in Aruba?

Hi all

I was told that the Iberostar Corp. has bought a resort in Aruba. Does anyone have any info on this.

Which resort ?

8 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

I read Iberostar was thinking of opening a 400 room hotel on Arishi Beach in 2019. That means they would have to be working on it right now so I don't think it's going to happen in 2019. Maybe 2020 or 2021. Things go slow in Aruba. Many palms to be palmed.

Nutts Corner...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
102 reviews
2. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

What a tragedy that would be if it should come about.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

I hope they don't use the same architect that designed the Riu Palace. Now I have no opinion on the resort itself, but my god it stuck out like a sore thumb. That monstrosity is simply hideous and ruins the skyline.

Level Contributor
227 posts
4. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

Don’t know how small Arashi beach can handle 1,000 more people,it’s already full now,are they going to ship the guests off to palm beach the next closest beach

New England
Level Contributor
391 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

Iberostar has been in Aruba for some time. Iberostar owns/operates the RIU chain.

NYC
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

RIU is owned by the German company TUI. This wonderful invention called the internet confirmed it. So unless the Spanish billionaire Mr Fluxa has become a German...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
922 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

Since when does IBERO* own RIU ??? They're competetors like McD's & BK. Usually ALWAYS one near the other but not in ARUBA ......yet.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
922 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: Iberostar in Aruba?

LOL nyc apt sitter! touche'!

Edited: 06 September 2018, 06:32
Reply to: Iberostar in Aruba?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted