We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

New York
7 posts
Save Topic
What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

Hi,

I have a friend who is planning on having her wedding in Aruba next year. She has asked me to look into the cheapest time of year it would be to fly there? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

There is no cheapest time to fly to Aruba, unfortunetly it's very popular. The resorts are cheapest mid April to early December, the weather is the same most of the year, great, I live near New York City and it costs about $600.00 R/T from JFK to Aruba, only one non stop a day, all other flights stop at either Miami or San Juan. But Aruba is worth it if you can.

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

Thank you so much for responding. I had a feeling there really wasn't a "cheap" time to fly to Aruba, but figured it was worth the shot. I knew about the one direct flight a day, I think it is with American. During my research I found out that Delta (Song) will be flying to Aruba nonstop (only on Saturdays) starting July 23, 2005, so maybe their flights will be a tad cheaper....we'll see.

Thanks again.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

Actually there are "low season" and "high season" rates for most of the hotels and resorts. The low season starts now, in April and goes through August or September. They should probably call the seasons "expensive" and "more expensive" but it is definitely worth it. But as I have gloated before, it's more than worth it for us because my wife is in management for American Express corporate travel and all of our air fares and hotels are free either by building up points for certain hotel chains and certain airlines or gratis just for the heck of it. My wife just has AMEX fax an official notice that she will be doing an audit of the property (which she does and turns the evaluation over to AMEX travel) and they usually bend over backwards accomodating us. My wife was considering changing careers about a year ago, but I talked her out of it. The fringe benefits are just too good.

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

nuke, I hear ya! I am in the travel industry myself and the perks are too good to give up. Several times I have thought about a change then when i think about giving up the gratis and extremely low cost of things i slap myself. I am going to AUA in october for $320 5 days Hyatt. incl. air (total 2 people) Does is get any better!?!

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

We went in September, and the rates seemed to be lower due to hurricane season. This didn't worry us since Aruba is on the outside of the hurricane belt. We paid about $1000 a pice for our airfare from AR and seven nights at La Cabana. I thought that was a good price. It wasn't very crowded at all and we seemed to have alot of time to ourselves when out exploring. The weather was very warm and we loved every bit of it, including the trade winds that cooled us off.

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

Continental also flies direct out of Newark (I think every day of the week), although they don't seem particularly cheap. US Air also flies out (LaGuardia?) direct once a week, but don't know how secure they are as an airline. Finally, there are also rumors that SpiritAir is going to be jumping on the bandwagon and flying to Aruba as well. Good luck!

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the cheapest time of year to go to Aruba?

csimco

that's great with airfare usually in the $800's for a nonstop. Aruba.