We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to go?

My husband and I are thinking of going to Antigua next year and we dont know when is the best time of year to go. We like it hot, as hot as poss. we are thinking of staying at Antigua Village Beach Club, has anyone stayed there.

Thanks for your help

Nikola

N.H
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go?

We own a timeshare there. We just returned after 2 weeks. There are good points and bad points. First of all there is no beach, it was riuned with the hurricane. You have to walk down a set of stairs to get into the ocean. You can lie on some chairs inside the resort. If you are up before 7 am you can probably get a chair near the rock wall they built which has some shade. It is a very quiet resort, my husband and I are some of the youngest ones there and we are in our late 40's. The rooms are so so . For a place that is suppose to be efficient, well let's just put it this way, it's not. The good points are ,watching the sunsets and going to the Coconut Grove for Happy hour and walking the lovely beach. We meet up with the same people every year and we have a nice time. It's just too bad the beach isn't the same as it was 9 years ago. For any kind of excitement you will have to go out of the resort. But it is a nice place, it all depends what you want.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go?

Thanks for your reply. We too own a timeshare but in Kenya and I think we have been thouroughly spoilt over the last 2 years as it is amazing there. We feel though that next year we need to spread our wings a bit and its a shame not to explore some more of the 'timeshare' world! The Antigua Village unfortunatley does not now sound like our cup of tea, not that we like it loud or busy but it sounds like you do not think that it is as good as it used to be??

Once again thanks for your reply and if you have any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Nikola

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go?

We went to Antigua this year for two weeks end of Feb beginning of March. These are the driest months. Feb /March is when they have the least rain. We certainly had a great time and it was plenty hot enough. We stayed on the south side of the island in Falmouth Harbour also near English Harbour. We stayed in a small 14 room hotel which we prefer. This end was lovely but not so many large all inclusive hotels, but great if you want to be able to eat out as there as more places to go to and we used to get on the local bus during the day which was great. Dickenson Bay had some nice hotels as does Turners beach. Pineapple Beach Resort at Long Bay looked nice.

Get answers to your questions about Antigua