We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

Can anybody help me,

What is the better hotel to stay at. Which has the best beach

Things to do etc.

Thanks

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

The beach at Jolly is much wider and nicer for walking along and compared to the beach at Pineapple it is empty (the beach at pineapple is not as wide and was absolutely packed out when we where there). The pool at Jolly beach is also much bigger than the one at pineapple and easier to get sunbeds as well.

UK
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

It depends on whether cruise ships are in town as to how busy the beaches are in Antigua. No ships, nice empty beaches! I have been to Jolly when it is pretty busy, and been to Long Bay (PB) when it is empty. Also depends on the season.

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

sorry i disagree even with cruise ship passengers i have never seen Jolly Beach as busy as long bay was and there were no cruise ships in the day we went there but it was still heaving - at jolly beach the cruise ship passengers stay around by castaways and even with them on the beach it never feels busy !!!

UK
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

And I beg to differ! That is what tripadvisor is about, different opinions.

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

Absolutely !!!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

Whats the better hotel though. Jolly Beach or Grand Pineapple?

Thanks folks.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
103 reviews
7. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

There's little to choose between them in honesty. The basic rooms aren't brilliant at either, and the upgraded are OK at both. Pineapple feels perhaps a little less resort-y, but has less to do, and there's not really anything else nearby, apart from the stuff mentioned in your other question.

Jolly is right next to the start point for water based tours, and is on a local bus route. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants next door at Jolly Harbour, and it's nearer to town.

The time of year you plan to travel makes a difference too, especially if you aren't travelling with children.

As for the busy debate, Long Bay can get very busy on cruise ship days and public holidays, and sometimes at weekends as it's a very popular beach with local families.

Jolly can get busy round Castaways (which affects the Jolly Harbour side more than the JBR side on cruise ship days, but it is a big beach - about a mile long, and very wide.

The water clarity is much better at Long Bay if you want to snorkel.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

We stayed at GPB and loved it because we had a great room directly on the beach...the food was good or very good, they have a volleyball net on the beach, the water at the beach is great, my 6 year old snorkeled for the first time because he just had to get a better look at the fish...it has a tropical feel to the property - people say because it is older so the foliage is well established...however, I went to Jolly Beach when I was 15 so 20+ years ago...the beach is also great over there...

We liked the remoteness of GPb...but we felt safe walking off property and checking things out in nature close by. We liked the little beach stands for fun but somewhat cheesy trinkets...all in all for us GPB was perfect and with an ok pool it wasn't a problem because the sea was great...workout space, tennis courts...turtles...lovely. We miss it terribly...and would go back in heartbeat!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

Grand pineapple beach booked. Thank you very much all

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
89 reviews
10. Re: Jolly Habour or Pineapple Beach Help!!!

Congratulations!! I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Get answers to your questions about Antigua