We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June or November, or...?

Cirencester
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
June or November, or...?

Hello. Another weather question I'm afraid!

We're hoping to stay in Antigua (poss St John's) for our honeymoon next year. Research into the best time to visit has given conflicting advice, so we are hoping someone here might be able to help!

The wedding is at the end of June, so my query is whether we would be best to depart soon after or leave it until, say, November? We'd prefer not to postpone any longer than that, although we will heed any good advice! We don't expect 'wall-to-wall sunshine' and I realise that there are no guarantees for any month.

Thank you :-)

Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,756 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: June or November, or...?

Not sure I understand your concern - June is one of the best months, weather wise, throughout the Caribbean, including on Antigua. while November is also nice there could be periods of rainy weather.

To research general weather statistics go to www.weatherbase.com - click through to the "Caribbean" and on to "Antigua".

If you want more detailed weather data go to www.wunderground.com . Use the "Travel & Activities" drop down menu and select "Trip Planner". Enter the airport code for Antigua (ANU) and your planned dates of travel. You'll be directed to all sorts of charts and data including a chart showing what actual weather conditions were for every day during that period over the last 10 years. Study the material and you'll know more about the weather than most locals.

Hint: enter your alternate travel dates to compare weather for June vs. November.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: June or November, or...?

Your chances for sun will be higher in June.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,837 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: June or November, or...?

June is a fantastic month to visit, the weather is dry and sunny, and the humidity isn't high.

If you want to now any more, send me a message - I'm in Ciren at the moment and can happily help answer any questions you might have.

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: June or November, or...?

I have been in both June and November and the weather was lovely both times although i thought it felt just as humid both months, we have just got back and the second week was very very hot !!

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: June or November, or...?

For years and years we visited ANU for fortnights in mid-June and late November. June was, by far, our favorite time for our holiday. Rain was rarely a problem. You get 2 more hours of daylight if you travel in June rather than late November !

Enjoy your honeymoon.

Cheers,

Cirencester
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: June or November, or...?

Appreciate all your replies and sound advice, thank you!

7. Re: June or November, or...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 15:48