We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Garforth, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
37 reviews
Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

We will be arriving GBP on Saturday, November 26th this year and was just wondering who we might be bumping into?!

Haven't been to the Caribbean before, so realy, really looking forward to 14 days in what sounds like paradise!

Bring it on!

Antler

Wetherby,

UK

Garforth, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Just wondering if anyone else might be there at the same time as us - for 14 nights from November 26th, flying BA out of Gatwick?

We almost got depressed reading all the negative reviews, so have decided to take the advice of a recent poster, who said:

"So, when you are there my recommendation is: chill out, relax, slow down and enjoy yourself."

Cheers

Antler

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
460 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

We went a few weeks ago and loved it. Just go with the right expectations, i.e. this is a 3.5 star resort not a 5 star resort, and I'm sure you will too.

Just a bit of advice seeing as it's your first time in the Caribbean PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be very wary of the sun. It is much, much stronger than the Mediterranean and will severely burn you if you are not careful, especially as there is normally a bit of a breeze and you don't realise you are burning until it is way too late.

Have a great time

Cheers

Keith

Garforth, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Thanks for the sound advice, Keith - I will put extra cream on my nose!

Just over 2 weeks to go now, and I must say, I am really looking forward to it after such a busy year.

I like to write a daily travel blog,as the sun rises, and I am sure I will find more to write about than to complain about the birds!

Other than that I intend to chill out - until Thorner (see "Bad reports on GBP" post) arrives on November 30th when I am sure things will get even more.....interesting?!

Cheers

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Hi All we are away next week for 1 week only. Looking at the weather it is saying Thunderstorms!! but also some sun, how will the weather be can any one advise? Will we get to lay out & chill?

TIA

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Take no notice of the weather forecasts most of them always say it is raining and stormy but it could just be a very quick shower anywhere on the island and no where near you and even if it is usually over very quickly and quite refreshing !! one of the best and most accurate weather forecasting site for the caribbean is windguru hit the link to have a look, http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=52075 and that is showing hardly any rain at all for the beginning of next week

London, United...
13 posts
6. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Hi Antler. How is the packing going? Grey day in London today and the Caribbean is sounding more and more tempting! I must look up Grand Pineapple Beach on the internet to get a flavour of where you are going

Garforth, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Hi tortoiselady!

Well, I've dug out the shorts and they still fit!!

Glad you are on board and hope you get to follow us around on this holiday of a lifetime.

Cheers

Antler

Edited: 15 November 2011, 08:24
Leeds
Level Contributor
12 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Hi Antler

Thorner here - good job your shorts still fit! Mr. J's were a little tight but better now thanks to the Dukan diet! See you for the train station next Friday xxxx

Garforth, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Hello Thorner

I wish I knew about the Dukan diet sooner!! Never mind..... We're so excited to be going now and look forward to seeing you on Friday.

Mrs. A xx

Garforth, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
37 reviews
10. Re: Antler's Holiday - Grand Pineapple Beach - November 2011

Well here it comes.....

Bags out of the attic, thrown in the Factor 30. Holiday reads arrived from Amazon and the iPod's been updated.

We rang Barbara at GPB to make sure we were on her latest radar. She could clearly see us - and Thorners a few days later - all snuggled up in Tropical Waterfont rooms. I pulled her leg regarding the TA reports about her. After squeals of laughter she confirmed "man, I'm gonna get you when you're here".

Life's gonna be good, man!

Antler

Get answers to your questions about Antigua