We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

Is it a good place to bring kids?

Is there a charge to get in? or do you pay for what you consume?

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
177 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

Shirley Heights is the place to be in Antigua on a Sunday.

There is no charge to get in, but you obviously pay for what you eat and drink. They have a barbeque in the afternoon, that runs into the evening. And a bar serving whatever you want really.

I think it's a great place to bring kids, and I have many good memories of being a kid there. Although you want to keep an eye on them as there are some pretty severe drops/heights there!

There is a very distinct "2 part" side to Shirley Heights though. In the middle/late afternoon from about 3pm - 6pm it is pretty sedate. They have a steel band, and it is more family orientated, taking in the views and the fabulous sunset views etc. Then between about 7pm - 10pm it gets more adult friendly. A reggae band starts up, the dancing becomes a bit more full on, more locals turn up and people get more drunk. It's great fun, but wouldn't be as much fun for kids I would imagine.

You should definitely go, it's a great place to go, and very very popular on a Sunday, but I would advise getting there about 3pm if you've got kids and staying for as long as you like it.

London
Level Contributor
177 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

Edit: Sorry I may be wrong on the cover charge. Last time I went was about 2 years ago and they didn't charge then. But it seems they may be doing so now from another post I've seen elsewhere on here.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
3. Re: Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

Will they have it on Easter Sunday?

England
Level Contributor
980 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

Hi

I would endorse the previous poster's views.

It is a great place to spend Sunday, but do watch the sheer drops in certain places - depends how old your kids are. If they are young you will have to keep them attached to you!

The steel band is the best in the world IMO!

There is an entrance charge - from my memory of a couple of weeks ago, it is 8US dollars or 20 EC dollars per adult - don't know about kids. That just pays for your entrance - everything else is extra.

The barbecue is good, and the drinks not too expensive.

Watching the sun go down at around 6pm is magic.

5. Re: Please tell me about shirley heights on sunday nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 20:03