We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

starsparkles
Level Contributor
329 posts
97 reviews
breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

good day, everyone!

we land from liat at 10:30 am, after collecting baggage, I think we'll be past "breakfast time" at most restaurants. if we hire a car, but have our baggage in the trunk, could we visit st.john's and maybe see if there's anything there, or is that not advised?

we just need a light meal (cheese toastie? egg sandwich? roti?) and if it could be somewhere breezy and beachy before we proceed to the drive to our resort, great, or where we could literally watch our car while we eat (it's just luggage, really, but i'm not sure of the safety situation).

is there a hotel (as in secure parking) near to the airport where we could stop, or along the way?

we were last on the island shortly before the new terminal opened. we recall spending a few hours at the casual upstairs bar in the old terminal. if that still exists, we could just eat there (although certainly not breezy, but I recall the food being very nice.) did they knock down that whole side or did that place move? if so, we'll just go there. many thanks for your suggestions.

Edited: 19 November 2018, 22:37
8 replies to this topic
starsparkles
Level Contributor
329 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

it can be a locals place, we don't mind, and would welcome something that would make us feel we had arrived in the Caribbean!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,844 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

Where are you staying? Would make it much easier to recommend something along the way

Glos.
Level Contributor
426 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

Breezy and beachy with parking...Beachlimeerz

???

Frenchtown, NJ
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

You could totally keep an eye on your car at Beachlimerz. Or right there as well is Candy's, very local and she makes Pepperpot I think on Wednesdays but it could have been a Tuesday.

Frenchtown, NJ
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

Oh, I ate something at the airport it was tasty as well.

Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
6. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

If you “ land” at 10.30 - always supposing you are on time which is often not the case with inter island Liat flights , you will not get away from the airport much before 11.30 . Most places are at least 20 mins or more away so you may as well forget breakfast ( have some before you fly in your departure airport) and just choose somewhere for an early lunch- which widens the choice dramatically .

A hint as to where you are staying will stop us suggesting places in the wrong direction.

starsparkles
Level Contributor
329 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

thanks all! we're staying over in st. mary's but last time we flew and flopped so we don't mind driving the wrong way to see something else, especially if it's on the side we didn't see. we totally missed everything, really, so all suggestions most welcome for dinner as well, i guess. thanks!

Edited: 21 November 2018, 12:42
starsparkles
Level Contributor
329 posts
97 reviews
8. Re: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?

to give an idea, we loved dennis's if that was the place with a daytime beach part and an evening place on the hill. we only went to the one on the hill, it was delicious.

Reply to: breakfast as soon as we arrive, where?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antigua