We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

7 posts
Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

Coming for spring break with 14 and 16 year old. After looking online and reading reviews I have two resorts that look like good fits but can’t decide which way to go. Jolly Beach and St James.

We probably won’t get a car, will do a couple excursions but mostly like to walk the beach ( long walks) and kids like to have beach daysand paddle boarding.

Any insight would be helpful!

Thanks!

15 replies to this topic
7 posts
11. Re: Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

We are going to try JBR. I think we would like that beach better.

Hereford
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
12. Re: Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

Have stayed twice at JBR and twice at SJC. Firstly one must remember that the "star" ratings are different so expect better facilities at the SJC which is 4 star as apposed to three for the JBC. In addition the price is quite considerable between the two.

If staying at the JBC I would recommend going for a room upgrade. The SJC offers a superb water sports facility which includes SUPs. I book my holiday on the availability of watersports hence visiting SJC for the third year running. Does the JBC offer SUP'S? Most certainly JBC location is better than SJC's and it is easier to get out and about without being held captive to the rip off taxi fares. The beach is one of the best and is a pleasure to walk. A days hire car is a must whatever hotel is chosen and sufficient time to see most sites.

To sum up the JBC offers superb value but the SJC offers better facilities all round however after booking the SJC for next March I have found the prices have increased quite a lot and I have to question is it worth the large price difference between the two!

7 posts
13. Re: Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

We ended up making decision on price and helpful thoughts on the beach. SJC was quite a bit more.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
31 reviews
14. Re: Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

Since your paying for 4 adult rates get 2 rooms

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
42 reviews
15. Re: Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club

I've not stayed at either but know where they are and unless you want to stay in your hotel area the whole time then JBR is a much better option in that there are lots of restaurants within safe walking distance and start points for other trips and other lovely Caribbean beaches only a short bus ride away - at St James's Club there is nothing except SJC. At JBR have a look at the Reef Riders, brilliant fun for all the family.

Reply to: Jolly Beach Resort vs St. James Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted