We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

Perth
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

We will be in port in Oct 2016 and I would like to spend 3-4hours in a day spa/massage place.

Is there one walking distance or one that will provide a driver? I've sent several emails to spa`s that I think maybe close by and have not had one reply.

Last year we docked at Lombok and it was a disaster, aggressive drivers all putting on the pressure to get a fare and ridiculous prices. I'm afraid if I cant arrange a driver or an appointment ahead of time, I will just stay on the ship to avoid a repeat of Lombok.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated. Thank you

Tamworth, Australia
Level Contributor
580 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

We stopped at Benoa and Lombok by cruise ship and know what you mean.

We just walked through the masses and said we didn't want transport.

At Benoa we walked about 200m and found a Metered Bluebird Cab which took us to Kuta for $10.

In Lombok we again walked past the aggressive ones up the road and found a really nice shy young boy who took us to Sengiggi Beach and stayed and waited for us for $50 for the day.

Just as an idea get off the ship a bit later and there with a bit of luck there might not be so many around.

I have noticed that a few ships have been missing Bali due to bad conditions.

Perth
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

Hi Kath,

Appreciate your feedback. I like your idea of getting of getting off the ship later. Its such a shame the drivers create an aggressive and stressful atmosphere, on both cruises Bali is our last stop ( if you let it, it can spoil your holiday) and I've vowed if its the same as Lombok, I will not go on another cruise that stops in Bali.

Ideally I would have a driver waiting there for me ;-)

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,331 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

restandrec, it's very easy to organise a driver to be there for you.

Perth
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

Hi cbimages, please feel free to pm me if you have any suggestions. Thanks

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,331 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

Just contact a driver, arrange an itinerary and agree on a price, they will be waiting with your name of a board. Here's some drivers recommended by forum members:

https:/…66974166

https:/…73462828

6. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2016, 13:01
Perth
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

Hi Cempaka,

Thanks for your help. PM sent

Oxford
Level Contributor
42 posts
55 reviews
8. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

Depending on how much

Grand mirage hotel thallaso if lovely £££ they will arrange transport I'm sure

Home spa £ ring and ask if they can collect you or contact via Facebook?

Both clean

9. Re: How from from Cruise ship port is Everything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa