We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Just booked a 2 week holiday to the Novotel Benoa, chose the area based on travel agents recommendation on Nusa Dua, but wasn't keen on the whole gated community feel so decided to go for Benoa as this seemed a bit more lively than Nusa Dua and had good restaurants near to the hotel. However now I am researching Bali (Which I wish I'd done more of before booking!!) I don't know if we are well located for exploring the rest of Bali. We don't mind taking time to travel to other parts for days out/nights out, but how expensive would this be? I was thinking of visiting Ubud, Sanur, Seminyak, Legian, Kuta. Also are we well placed to do these trips?

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
3,207 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Beginner Diving Experience in Nusa...
1 Review
US$ 150 per adult
Free Cancellation
Castaway Escape Cruise
US$ 125 per adult
Free Cancellation
Bali Underwater Scooter Adventure
1 Review
US$ 65 per adult
Free Cancellation
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Yes.

And sometimes not having to negotiate the traffic snarls in the Kuta /Legian area is a plus.

There are plenty of good drivers with comfortable A/C S.U.V's to hire for your trips in the area, and the Expressway makes the journey to Sanur,Kuta,Legian etc quicker.(You will be required to pay the toll fees to the driver if you haven't CLEARLY included them in your negotiations. Same for Taxi's). Best of both worlds at Benoa. All of the water sports, great beaches sheltered by offshore reef, great Restaurants, plenty of markets and shops and still only a short drive into the madness when you want to.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Agree with Famwood.

Another 38 days and we are off again staying also at the Novotel Benoa. Also have plenty of day trips planned plus a two day break up to Lovina for something different.

Go to Luna Bonita restaurant and ask for Buda Yasa if you want a good, reliable driver.

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
3,207 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

You are not really well located to visit the rest of Bali, unless you don't mind lots of extra time in a car. The areas you've suggested visiting are mainly just the tourist areas, not at all the "rest of Bali". Ubud is a big district, although many just take a day trip to the very crowded shopping block and that's all they see. Is there any way you could change plans to stay somewhere else for at least part of the time?

Edited: 22 June 2016, 06:22
Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,884 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Travel agents often have never been to the locations they sell, so even if they recommend it based on good feedback they may not know about other areas in Bali. I have stayed in the Benoa area and it was fine for the special event I was attending. However, if you want to travel to other parts of Bali and expereince them well it could be a long way for you to go each way every time. (look at a map to get an idea of the location in relation to other areas of Bali)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice :) I feel a lot more confident now on our location.

cbimages - We can't change or cancel our booking without losing money, when we get there I might see how much it will cost for a hotel in Ubud for the last few days of the holiday to experience more of the Bali culture, but all depends on how expensive this is.

Thankyou!

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Laws 100

Novotel Benoa is a great resort. We've stayed there 5 times. There's plenty of opportunity for day trips around the south of Bali including Ubud. There are normally drivers around the resort that can give you a price for various trips of full day excursion. You can haggle to get a reasonable price. Full day tour should be around 500-600 000 IDR. If you're just heading over to Kuta/Legian/ Seminyak or to Sanur just use taxis both ways. The fare should be around 100 000 IDR to both regions. Uber is also an option if you use them. Not sure if they go further afield. Be warned that they are not currently legal, but then again they aren't in most states of Australia but that does not seem to be an impediment here.

have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
3,207 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
melbourne
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

It really depends what you like. We stayed at Novotel Benoa and we missed the hustle and bustle of Kuta. It's very quiet and not a lot of shops. If that's what you like, then you'll love it.

Yes, there will be a fair bit of travel each day if you want to go to the other areas, but it can't be changed now, so enjoy what you've booked. The hotel in nice.

Not sure when you're going, but I found it very, very windy on the beach and at the beach side pool. We were there in July.

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
3,207 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Albany, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

Just go for it, don't change your accomodation. Benoa is a good starting point as any. Kuta can be completely overwhelming to all your senses and is not always a good place to start for a first time to Bali. You may well find benoa is perfect for you as the traffic congestion elsewhere can be horrendous. If you fall in love with Bali like the rest of us here, you'll be back again and can stay in another location ( we love the much sleepier Sanur).

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
9. Re: Travelling from Benoa to other parts of Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa