We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mirage Resort

wirral
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Mirage Resort

looking at a deal for the Grand Mirage Resort Flying from Manchester England.

What do you experts think of this hotel, it seems to have what i am looking for but whats outside. is there places to go and shop-drink and eat.

the hotel looks like it has plenty of restaurants and entertainment does it live up to what it advertises its a long way if it isn't.

Thanks for any advise not been to Bali before so please suggest.

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

We have been there three times on the all inclusive rate directly booked with the hotel who give more inclusions. It has become too expensive now but if you can get a discounted deal just go for it. If we went there again we would just have breakfast there as there are good restaurants (about 7 in all) just across the road. The hotel is good,staff are excellent and it was great to just go to a restaurant or bar whenever we felt like it or order room service knowing there was not going to be a bill at the end of the stay. The Italian restaurant is wonderful,do try the steak.Every two days there is an outdoor buffet and show. The executive chef is an Australian who will happily instruct his staff if you have an allergy to cope with. The ladies on the stall by the beach path to the left of the hotel are not very pushy and I have bought quite a lot of cheap sundresses etc. there. Opposite the hotel and too the right on the street is a large version of CocoMart selling toiletries,groceries,souvenirs etc. but if you want to look at more get a taxi on the street,get him to take you to Hardys (around 5kms away) and wait for an hour while you explore. Have a great holiday. The restaurants opp. include Glaze,Bali Cardamon,Meads Burger Bar,Atlichyna etc Look them up on the forums. Our favourites are the first two. Also,the beach is a maze of watersports choices to take part in or watch. Very,very busy chaos. The beach path stretches for miles and miles and miles!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

Hi Dece, I've stayed at the Grand Mirage a couple of times and have also chosen the all inclusive deal. Yes, it costs a little more but booking direct with the hotel i have always found a great deal. That's not to say you shouldn't hunt for a deal on any of the hotel sites out there, who knows what you might find! I love the hotel, it's older classic Balinese style, beautiful rooms, gorgeous grounds with access straight onto the beach and it's choice of restaurants. The staff are amazing, always smiling and nothing is too much trouble. The food is fantastic, you can't go wrong when the executive chef is an Aussie! There's plenty to do outside the hotel with water sports, shopping and other restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is in a quieter area away from the hustle and bustle which allows you to just sit back and enjoy a relaxing day or night. There are two reviews on my profile if you would like to check them out but all in all it's a great hotel and definitely a lovely place to stay.

wirral
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

Thanks your reply is very helpful and positive.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

We stayed there in Oct 2013. We enjoyed the resort and we got a great deal for an Ocean View Deluxe room with breakfast for $105 per night for 2 adults and 1 child. They wanted another $200 per night to go all inclusive. We declined and was so glad we did. We ate at several restaurants near to the resort and found that $100 a day was getting our meals, drinks and spa treatments. We got to meet some really lovely people and it was one of the highlights of our holiday. Having looked at some prices for the resort since then, it has become quite expensive in my opinion. Unless you can get a really good deal I would look at staying somewhere else for better value.

Oxford
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

We are returning for our fourth visit. Have been to Bali many times, so have stayed in Sanur, Kuta, legion .

Just fine For a relaxed holiday after long flights you can't beat the Grand Mirage.

Yes it is older style, there's no night clubs etc. But with small shops, restaurants, minimarts, massage places ever the road and the hotel facilities and beach walking there is plenty to do.

Free bus to small shopping outlet.

Taxi 30-40 mins to Kuta... Great to visit great to leave too!!

For approx £40 you can hire a driver for the day and tour the island.

Lots of things to see and do culturally.

If on FB sign up to Bali tourist info page a wealth of information.

Feel free to ask

If you stay more than 12 nights, there are many inclusions ie, free motorised water sports, massages, laundry, transfers from airport etc

wirral
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

Thanks for the update.

we have now booked 14 nights in September as the all inclusive deal looks good. yes its a long flight but we would not see the world without putting some effort in ourselves.

exited and looking forward to going.

7. Re: Grand Mirage Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa