We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P & O cruise to Benoa

GoldCoastAust
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
P & O cruise to Benoa

My family is cruising to Benoa in June with a full-day (7am-6pm) stopover. Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonably priced insured driver picking us up at cruise ship terminal for a guided tour that includes Uluwatu, Ubud and maybe Kuta (if time permits). Interested in seeing a temple, tasting traditional food and a bit of shopping.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Uluwatu
Uluwatu
Bali, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: P & O cruise to Benoa

I'd be wary of including Kuta in the mix simply because if you get caught in a traffic snarl on the way back to the boat it could cause real problems. Also, even though the itinerary may say you have 'from 7am' you might find that it may not pan out quite like that in reality by the time you disembark and get away from the harbour area to where the drivers wait. My advice would be to err very much on the side of caution when it comes to timing and making your plans.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: P & O cruise to Benoa

$70 for full day tour

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,031 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: P & O cruise to Benoa

Not all day excursions with the cruise ships commence right when they say it does as everyone is lined up waiting to get processed to get off the ship so allow for this. Your plans also involve going in different directions so this may not work for you as you need to consider that even though things look close together in terms of distance on a map traffic in Bali is slow and everything takes longer than you think. Not to mention in the later afternoon traffic jams are not uncommon around Kuta and surrounds. Rather than do Kuta you would be best to stop at Sanur after your time in / around Ubud.

I would suggest you contact one of our recommended drivers in advance and have them booked ready to meet you as soon as you disembark the ship.

We have numerous posts with current recommendations. These drivers will help recommend an itinerary that will suit your time schedule. I would suggest you contact Dean and his team of drivers. They pick up from the cruise port on a regular basis for day tours. http://baliwithdean.blogspot.com.au

Dean is also on Facebook

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
4. Re: P & O cruise to Benoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa