We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying Tanjung Benoa...how far to the markets near the gate

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
23 reviews
Staying Tanjung Benoa...how far to the markets near the gate

Hi, we stayed at Tanjung Benoa last time we came to Bali and we are staying there again. We arrived very late at night so very hard to see anything on arrival to the resort. How far away are the markets that are suppose to be near the gate going into Nusa Dua? If I get a taxi there, how much should I pay approx? and is it hard to hail a taxi for the way back? (assuming I have a metered Bluebird) I have been twice to Bali but never caught a taxi before and have only stayed at Sanur and Tanjung Benoa, so have never really been to any markets in Bali. Is it worth it to go to these markets? i.e. how big are they and do they have reasonable prices? (that I can haggle down to lol) Are their prices when haggled similar to the Tripadvisor posting approx prices per item? Or, because of where they are.....i.e. close to Nusa Dua....is it harder to haggle better prices for things? I will print off the list but if I know that these prices are a bit unrealistic for these markets then I will take that into account when bargaining. No use being stupid about it if there is no way they are going to pay those prices there. Went to Bali Collection once, but that place is not really my type of place, so prob won't go back this time. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Staying Tanjung Benoa...how far to the markets near the gate

It depends how far down you are staying, we have stayed at Grand Mirage which is one of the last resorts and caught a Bluebird taxi to the markets, I can't remember the exact cost but it was very cheap as we were in the taxi for only a few minutes, it's not too far but a long way to walk in the heat. We started to walk back and just kept our eye out for a bluebird and hailed one very easily. They are called Nusa Dua Art Markets, not huge but I think after awhile you notice many of the markets are selling similar stuff, certainly much quieter and relaxed than some of the busier areas. Also if you walk along the beach path that runs along the resorts at the back starting maybe at the Novotel there are a few market stalls scattered along the way and a few sellers along the beach. I found quite a good fixed price shop there last time about half way up the Main Street, I can't recall the name but lots of souvenirs and clothes plus supermarket items and all quite reasonably priced and air conditioning! For the sake of haggling over a few dollars in the heat I prefer to shop like now!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
317 reviews
2. Re: Staying Tanjung Benoa...how far to the markets near the gate

If you don't want to haggle and want low prices then head to sunset road and visit Krisna, and the other 'fixed' price shops there, they are huge and extremely cheap. You can also cover Geneva in the same trip. It is located at JL Raya No 100 Kerobokan. All close by. The taxis and local drivers all know where they are. You can do all your shopping in one go.

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Staying Tanjung Benoa...how far to the markets near the gate

The fixed price shop jordanbing is talking about is wonderful, just down from the Aston opposite side of road, has a money changer sign out front, we go there every visit as we stay at Tanjung Benoa couple of times a year, it has souveniers and little supermarket on bottom level, then upstairs a ladies clothes and kids clothes, then next level mens clothes, they are very reasonable, we always change our money there as well.

4. Re: Staying Tanjung Benoa...how far to the markets near the gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa