We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in bali

Cape Town
Level Contributor
63 posts
48 reviews
Weather in bali

We arrive in bali next Tuesday.Can anybody tell me if its been raining a lot?The weather forecast predicts some thunderstorms next week,what is a typical bali thunderstorm?Thank you.

Pottsville...
Level Contributor
167 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Weather in bali

The weather has been a little overcast raining mainly late afternoon or night.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Weather in bali

I am interested in the response as well as will be there on the 23rd and the forecast looks like rain all of December

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,134 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Weather in bali

It is the Wet/monsoon season and some days/nights there will be a thunder storm lasting a couple of hours. Others days there will be no rain and some days, it may rain all day, but we have never been in Bali in the Wet season and not had a lot of sunny days.

Just adjust your program to suit the weather that greets you each day...it's all good, it's Bali.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Weather in bali

Since last Friday in Legian it has belted with rain twice at night, last Fri and last night. Friday was far heavier than last night, but I suspect we had about 2 inches last night as our pool in our Villa went up by at least that overnight.

Most days the sun has been out for a few hours, yesterday I don't think it was out at all.

Apart from last night and last Fri we have had a shower or two each day but nothing like the two nights.

When it has rained it has been either early in the morning or late afternoon/ early evening.

On Sat night and Tue night it drove us off the beach at two of the bean bag bars. But we still stayed and ate and drank, just inside their buildings instead of on the beach.

We have still been able to sunbake and there are plenty of people in the streets who have obviously got burnt.

It has been really hot and humid.

I also really wouldn't rely on the forecasts as it was the same for the 7 days from last Friday, thunderstorms each day but it has been different everyday.

Regardless it hasn't stopped us from doing anything, and when the sun has been out between about 11 and 3 it has been too hot to do much other than swim.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
63 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Weather in bali

Many thanks Gavin f for that detailed response.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,196 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Weather in bali

We've been in Nusa Lembongan and Amed since the 3rd December and had a light shower in NL one night and about 10 minutes rain in Amed today. Amazing how different the weather can be at the same time on a relatively small island.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
63 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Weather in bali

Hello everybody ,just an update on the weather,we arrived in tangjung benoa 3 days ago and the weather has been fabulous,it has only rained for 2 hrs while we were at breakfast yesterday and the sun was out the entire day.

8. Re: Weather in bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2015, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa