We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
currency

which is the best currency to take,ive been told us dollar is a desired one,also is tipping common place

London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: currency

Gazza, take pounds and don't bother with US dollars, unless you have some left over from another holiday and want to get rid of them. You can change sterling anywhere. You can also pay your visa on arrival in sterling and you will be given the change in rupiah.

There are tips on the top right hand side of the page that tell you all about the visas and departure tax (the latter must be paid in rupiah only).

If you do a search of the forum you will find some lengthy, relatively recent threads about tipping.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: currency

Always best to take your local currency and exchange in Bali. For you that would be Pounds Sterling, I assume. The exchange rate is very good at the moment and you will feel like a millionaire!

If service is good, then you can add a tip and it will be very much appreciated.

Southampton, United...
1 post
3. Re: currency

It's a while since I was in Bali but when I was all the trips and the diving prices was priced in US. The exchange rate to convert to rupiah was poor compared to me changing my money to US here in the UK and taking that.

Is that still the case as I'm off back later this year?

Ken

London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: currency

If it's been a while, you're going to be well pleased with the pound's current conversion rate. Take sterling and change it at the banks or money changers. The hotels, tour groups and dive shops may advertise in US dollars but ask them for the rate in rupiah and if there is a discrepancy in their conversion rates, just point it out. There is really no benefit to changing pounds to dollars and then to rupiah.

5. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa