We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nusa dua versus Sanur

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
nusa dua versus Sanur

We are planing a trip with 3 teenage boys ages 13-18 who love snorkling /diving kayaking etc. We don't want to stay near Kuta but want to be on the beach.Is there enough for them to do and waht do people think of the Sanur Beach hotel and/ or the Bali tropic and spa or the Grande Mirage

thanx.would appreciate any comments

perth
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

i stayed at the grand mirage in july. it has a teenage club with pool tables, computers etc. also the watersports are included like kyaking, sailing, surfboards, snorkelling gear.

i have only stayed in sanur one night (thankyou delayed flight garuda) its not really my cup of tea. although i have considered staying at the sanur beach hotel. i usually stay in legian or tuban or kuta, but i usually book at short notice so often am limited in my choices.

the beach is nicer at nusa dua.

Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

Ive only done day trips to both as we normally stay in Tuban however next year we are splitting the trip and staying in Sanur for 5 nights also. Based on what ive seen on a day trip Nusa Dua isnt for us. The hotels look awesome however we love going for a walk and finding a nice place to eat. I didnt see that there. The only place I saw was Bali collection which had about 10 people wandering around the whole complex and was quite exxy for Bali. I think if a resort style holiday is what you are after than Nusa Dua is for you and then you could do a few day trips elsewhere. If however you want to be able to shop and eat away from your hotel Sanur would be the better option. Kellie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

MY choice would be Sanur and my 3 sons are the same age difference yours are (but they are all in thier 20's now). They have always, and still love Sanur, and it's their first choice whenever they visit Bali still. Your dining options are much more varied and much cheaper in Sanur than in Nusa Dua.

There are all the water sports in Sanur as well, but you do have to pay extra for them as they aren't affiliated with any hotel. Stand up Paddle boarding is one of their favourites and this is big in Sanur.

If you do choose Sanur, please reconsider the Sanur Beach Hotel, as this hotel is chock a block full of large tour groups. Consider instead The Griya Santrian (excellent position), The Hyatt or Segara Village. The beaches at these resorts are as good, if not better than Nusa Dua, there are literally 100's of dining options in walking distance to them, and there is a real community feel to Sanur that you won't get in Nusa Dua.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

Thanks so much you have been helpful

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

7. Re: nusa dua versus Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa