We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking along the peninsula at night

Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking along the peninsula at night

Hi My friend and I will be staying at the Aston Bali in October. Can anyone advise if it is safe for two women to walk along the peninsula after dark. If we go out to a restaurant would it be better to take a taxi home?

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

i think it is quite safe. the hard part is that some of it doesnt have a footpath and it isnt very well lit at night. taxis are cheap.

Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

Thanks, are taxis readily available at various restaurants?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

I walk around there at night - and often cut thru the hotels and walk along the beach path at night - there is security at all the resorts and never felt scared or had an issue -

there is always lots of people around

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

Some restaurants will send drivers to pick you and take you back at the end of your meal - just ask when you are booking.

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

plenty of taxis about. we found a couple that said a minimum charge, but that was usually when we were going really short distances and only a couple of dollars. i walk most of the time.

Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

Thanks everyone for the input

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

Always take a torch and you can see where you are going and are visible if there is traffic

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

It wouldn't be safe to walk along the beach, as there are some quite deserted parts between hotels. We also found that parts of the road are quite OK but at other times you can be very close to whizzing traffic. My suggestion is to take a taxi at night, which when metered is very fair- ie the blue taxis you will see everywhere. Even crossing the street can be a challenge, let alone walking along it!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

I have walked along the beach path many times at night - yes it is deserted bar the occassional local on there bikes - and the security guards sleeping at the water sports places.

never known any crime to occur along there - and I have been doing it for 12 years.

10. Re: Walking along the peninsula at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa