We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pregnancy and Bali

darwin
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
40 helpful votes
Pregnancy and Bali

Hi All, Im off to Bali next week to celebrate my daughters 18th birthday however will also be almost six months pregnant.

Any one have tips on where to eat , massage places that may offer prenatal massage ect..

l have googled but would like to hear from real people..

Oh l will be stayig at the aston for 5 nights and in Kuta for 3..

Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
317 reviews
328 helpful votes
1. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

eat where ever you see a lot of other diners, avoid the places with little patronage and therefore a low turnover of food.

Keep in mind that when pregnant you are at a higher risk of listeria.

pregnancy.com.au/resources/topics-of-interes…

I used to get massages in Bali when I was pregnant and found that it was better to just explain what felt 'comfortable' and the ladies were obliging and did their best to give you a great massage.

brisbane
Level Contributor
532 posts
53 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

Trust your instrinct and do, feel and eat what feels right :)

A few years ago my obstertrician told me (whilst travelling pregnant)..to go forth and enjoy!! To take things easy..rest daily...drink lots of water..use my common sense..avoid drugs and not to bungy jump! Have Fun!!

darwin
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
40 helpful votes
3. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

Thanks fidget and snooky .. my doc said lm all good to go and bungy jumping and white river rafting are out.. l have travelled a bit in Asia and not too worried.. But thought l'd ask..

Thanks..

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
54 helpful votes
4. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

the only concern I would have is that you could pick up a virus from the food etc, I would be very careful with water and salads etc.

The usual precautions but just be a bit more cautious.

A nice relaxing holiday will be so great for the little ones head space as he or she grows

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
153 helpful votes
5. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

I had big problems with swollen feet when flying. Wear loose shoes on the flight, take some socks, and walk around as much as possible. Be aware that any enclosed shoes may not fit for a few days, so it may be worthwhile just taking open shoes with you. Also watch the uneven footpaths and open drains etc. It's amazing how much easier it is to fall over when preggers, even if you're taking care.

Have you ever swum when pregnant? That can be a bit of a hoot. Plus interesting when trying to get out of the pool. Enjoy!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
269 posts
29 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

I think Prana spa in seminyak does pregnancy massage package - expensive but worth it for the whole "spa" experience.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
7. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

Maybe check with your OB,I actually wore the white stockings that you wear in hospital on my flight.I also went on TA and went through the top 20(for the area we were staying in) restaurants and if anybody reported on being sick we just didn't go to those restaurants just as a precaution.Yes, Prana Spa has a wonderful pregnancy package,check out their website,also I found that the girls where I was knew what to do massage wise when your pregnant anyhow.Have a wonderful holiday ...have a 'Mocktail' or '2'.

darwin
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
40 helpful votes
8. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

Thanks everyone for your advice... I've spoken to the doc and he said pretty much the same about the water and being careful about food.. I have visited Phuket many times and am guessing it's probably close to that. forms Darwin its only about 3 hr flight I think and will make sure I do the excerises on the plane... Can't wait..

9. Re: Pregnancy and Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:50
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa