We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Vancouver, BC
11 posts
Save Topic
Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

I am considering a package includes 12 nights stay at the Grand Mirage with 5 tours, but not sure if there are restaurants and places that we can visit in the area. I don't want to be stuck in the resort all the time, would like to try the local cuisine and visit some other areas. Or should I book hotels in different areas during my stay?

Also, I read some reviews about Bali, seems like most of the restaurants and activities are in Ubud. If I am staying at Grand Mirage, how long is the travel to Ubud, can I go there for dinner or is it a day trip to get there?

Thanks for all your help.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
398 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Mr Bob Beachfront Bar & Grill
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Bar, Barbecue, European
Bumbu Bali 1
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indonesian
Ketut's BBQ Kitchen
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Chinese, Asian
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

the minute you step outside the hotel onto Jalan Pratama there is a street full of shops cafes bars and restuarants - including a 24 hour Coco Supermarket with everything you could want.

Tangjung Benoa is at the eastern end of the Burkit Peninsula - and it is a 30 - 45 mintues ride from the airport depending on traffic.

Ubud is at least 90 minutes from the airport - so you can do a day trip to Ubud - and see lots of Bali as well.

I love Tangjung Benoa - but it is not the place to be if you want to be on the rd every day doing tours.

You may be better off staying some nights here - and some nights in Udud or Sanur which is much closer to central or eastern bali

Mentioned in this post
Coco Supermarket
Coco Supermarket
130 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Vancouver, BC
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Thank you for your reply. Is there any good restaurant and spa you would recommend in Tanjungbenoa? Also, if we are doing a day trip to Ubud, how would you suggest we spend the day? i.e. restaurants, activities or others.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

When are you traveling? I am going to be there on that same package this summer!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Grand Mirage has an amazing spa Thallasso Bali - its top rate - do a google search - the aquamedic pool is the best therapy I have ever had

If you walk out of the hotel left or right there are lots of little spas - all with menus outside - including a couple of fish tanks for eating your dead skin off your feet

lots of places to eat

Bumbu Bali - is opposite and to the left - awesome Balinese food , if you walk to the left past the bend and the vacant block of land - there is a little strip of great places to eat, Greentree (highly recommended) the Tree a happening pub, Laguna - if you go the opposite way there is lots to choose from with La Scala and Cardoman highly recommended

Ubud - there is a big market if you are up to pushy sellers and its on several levels so it can get a bit hot and claustrophobic, Bridges is highly recommended as a place to eat , have a look at the shops - but maybe take a walk thru the rice fields - and if you are up to a longer walk - maybe head to Sari Organic for a great vege organic meal in the middle of the rice fields

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bumbu Bali 1
Bumbu Bali 1
3,374 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Love the restaurant tips! I am a girl who likes a pub...any recommendations in addition to Laguna are appreciated. I'm not into all-inclusive and want to venture out and try new things!

Vancouver, BC
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Thank you for all the restaurant tips, will try the restaurants for sure.

Livethedream3, we are going in May, looking forward to our trip, it's coming up soon :)

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

walk out of the Grand Mirage - and turn left - wander along Jalan Pratama - past the vacant blocks of lands and the Greenleaf restaurant - and then there is a English Type Pub called "the tree" - sit outside in the garden or inside - extensive menu and lots to choose from in the way of beers , wine and cocktails

there is normally live music as wel

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
398 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Adelaide
Level Contributor
21 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Lots of restaurants along Jalan Pratama so no difficulty finding somewhere to eat. Bumbu Bali is a must, food and staff both wonderful. We did a day trip to Ubud and it's a 90 minute drive so needs to be a day trip. The Ubud market was busy and interesting but I'm not sure they had anything that couldn't be found in shops in the Nusa Dua area. We loved Tanjungbenoa - definitely the best spot if you want a quiet hassle free place to holiday. Plenty of tour agents along the main strip.

Mentioned in this post
Bumbu Bali 1
Bumbu Bali 1
3,374 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

How was your trip? Anything I should pack? Avoid? Any great places to visit/eat?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Mirage at Tanjungbenoa

Hi - We stayed at the Aston in Tanjungbenoa. We did the 5 tours that came with the package. They were all great. I probably wouldn't stay in Tanjunbenoa again due to the long drive down the peninsula and up through Denpasar to get anywhere. We spent a lot of time in traffic.

In fact, we'd probably skip the Denpasar area altogether and head north to Amed, Candidasa or Tulamben.

As for restaurants, there were many to choose from near the Hotel. LOVED Bumbu Bali.

Mentioned in this post
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Candidasa
Candidasa
Karangasem, Indonesia
Tulamben
Tulamben