We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
34 reviews
Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Hi

I'm heading to Bali in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Rumah Bali in Tanjung Benoa. I know that this area along with Nusa Dua is much quieter than Kuta (any maybe more expensive) but we would still like to venture out in the evening for meals and to the busier parts for the bars. How far away is Kuta in a taxi and does anyone know how much it'd cost? I read on some forum that it was about an hour away which is further away than I expected. Is this true? Can anyone recommend anywhere else to go for nice meals/drinks at good prices?

Thanks

K

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
102 reviews
1. Re: Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Tanjung Benoa is at the far end of the Nusa Dua peninsula. i posted this photo a while back - Tanjung Benoa is at the lower end of the pic, Nusa Dua resort is at the upper end.

tripadvisor.com/…19381138

To get to the Kuta/Seminyak area its a longish drive down Jl Bypass. With no traffic perhaps 30-45 min to Kuta, with traffic, more time. Lately traffic has gotten worse, particularly the traffic light by the airport in front of the statue of Ngurah Rai.

There are places closer around Jimbaran. The rock bar at Ayana or Pepenero trattoria at Temple Hill. There are some other places around the Nusa Dua area, around Jl Pantai Mengiat. Overall, I think you would enjoy going into Seminyak anyway, despite the drive.

Try SIP bistro across from Bintang market. They also just opened big new place on Sunset Rd.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Lots of fantastic places to eat in Tangjung Benoa - or in Nusa Dua - the Bali Collection is always buzzing.

If you want to go to Kuta or Seminyak - depending on the traffic anything from 30 mins to 2 hrs, and about 100 000 rp.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Is Bali Collection walking distance from the Aston?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Hi katyeb84 Kuta is about 30 min drive and will cost $10 aus aprox each way.There are plenty of resturants along the main st in Tanjung Benoa and are not expensive.We ate at Bali Cardamon La Scala Luna Bonita and Casablanca main meals are $5-$10 and superb most have free pick up from your hotel and drop off hope this helps.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

Bali Collection is a very long walk from the Aston.

The free shuttle bus every hour stops at the Aston or if you jump into a Bluebird Taxi it will cost your no more that 25 000 Rp.

Just a word of warning if you want to go back to the Aston by taxi - you cannot get one at the Bali Collection - they have their own drivers who will want to charge you up to 100 000 Rp, so what you do is this:

Tidah Terimah Kasi - no thank you or just Tidah!!!

Walk across the road and hail a passing taxi - might take a few minutes but it always works.

Just be strong and while you will get asked repeatedly - its your choice.

Enjoy

6. Re: Tanjung Benoa and distance to other areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 16:48
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa