We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much for a beer?

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
how much for a beer?

How much should a beer be out and about staying at the aston

Mr Bob Beachfront Bar & Grill
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Bar, Barbecue, European
Bumbu Bali 1
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indonesian
Ketut's BBQ Kitchen
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Chinese, Asian
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much for a beer?

The price of a small beer will vary greatly. In local places you can still get them for 15.000rp, but in restaurants and resorts you can pay up to 35.000rp for the same thing, and anywhere in between.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how much for a beer?

I am here at the Aston now! 2 small Bintang at the hotel was 98k... Ouch!! Across the road there is a little shop selling them for 16k each. If u walk a little further to the supermarket they are 13k each. Big difference in price. At the restaurant across the road (coco's) we got 3 large bintang for 55k, and we got 2 and a half glasses from a big one. Hope that helps :)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much for a beer?

As mentioned, the price varies depending where you buy. Some bars are also a lot cheaper than others.I only got a beer from the hotel once , as they were too expensive.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much for a beer?

I dont drink beer - but we are known for taking a few water bottles back to our apartment, making up a mix of duty free gin and locally bought tonic - sticking it in the freezer for the night (they dont freeze due to the booze content) - then taking them to the pool in a collapsable cooler bag.

Lots of yummy gin and tonics by the pool in water bottles.

Lots of people buy their own beer - chill it and then drink by the pool - most hotels dont mind if the drinkers don't get out of hand

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much for a beer?

How much does it cost for a bourbon and coke at the Aston and surrounding areas?

Thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
379 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much for a beer?

It pays to shop around!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much for a beer?

About the same as in Australia for spirits, if not more.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much for a beer?

I have eaten lunch at the Aston once and it was about 550 000 rupiah for the two of us, so not cheap. I am assuming from that experience that a bourbon would cost about 50 000 Rp.

I stay at Peninsula Beach Resort which is a members only resort, and I think I pay 40 000 for a spirit there.

Take in your duty free allowance and once that is gone , you can buy bottles either at Coco Supermarket in Tangjung Benoa, or Bali Collection or across the rd in the little shops (they sometimes have them), starting from 700 000 RP.

Enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Coco Supermarket
Coco Supermarket
129 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Bali Collection
Bali Collection
3,620 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how much for a beer?

our001 if a small bintang at the Aston is 49.000rp (as quoted by someone on this thread who stayed there recently) then I would assume spirits would be a lot more expensive than 50,000rp. I would be assuming about 80,000rp if not more.

Most places that serve spirits (not resorts, but reasonable priced restaurants and bars) have to charge 40.000 to 50.000rp just to make a profit as the spirits are so highly excised by the government.

There is a local spirit distillery which is cheaper, called Mansion House, but be very careful of this brand as it gives most people a very bad headache. In my case, I can drink one glass of it and then if I have a second, a thumping headache starts. The locals will all tell you that Mansion House gives you a bad headache.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how much for a beer?

interesting - I get your point Whinnie.

I guess there is an advantage of staying at a members only resort - our incidentals are cheaper over all.

The Aston has a beautiful outdoor lounge area along the beach but my experience is that the in house prices are not cheap

Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa