We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids hair braiding + nail art

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Kids hair braiding + nail art

Hi everyone! I am heading to Bali for 10 days staying at the Aston Benoa with my family + mum. I am new to the forum and must say thanks for all the awesome info!

Sorry if this has been covered before but can anyone recommend a place to take my 4yo daughter to have her hair braided and nails painted with little flowers on them? She is soo excited, her little friend came back from a Bali trip and that is all she talked about! Sheesh, girls start young these days eh?!

As I said we are staying at the Aston Benoa, but happy to go anywhere reputable & clean so it is a memorable treat for my little one.

Thanks!!

3 weeks and 1 day to go. (*insert happy dance here*)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

Hi,

We just went into one of those massage shops as we were walking along shopping one day. Make sure you get 2 girls to do the hair and do the nails at the same time. I say this because my 4 year old started to get bored and wanted to leave after awhile.

You will have heaps of ladies yelling out to you that they can do your little girls hair :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

Thanks Missguided One. That was one of my concerns that she would get bored hot and bothered and be over it very quickly!! So pretty much any of the massage places will be able to do that for us? I definately don't want to get it done on the street/beach cos she will most certainly freak out!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

Hi,

Yeah we just went into the one of the better looking massage places and asked how much and they seemed nice and the price was good so we agreed. Halfway through we had to get 'blankie' out of the bag for her lol and by the end she was over it. They look soo cute when its done. Then the hassle is taking them out! lol. I also had to get my hair done in order to have her sit still and that was a mistake because I have a heap more hair then her so it took forever and once again, she was bored and wanted to go. The ladies there entertained her a bit and offered her food, lol.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

Watch out for sunburnt heads after you get it done. The exposed scalp parts are usually protected by hair and not used to the sun.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 12:13
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

Oh yes I didn't think even about that d_11! Thanks for the tip. All I was thinking was it will be a lot less hassle and tears with the plaits than having to brush pool hair everyday! I will try keep her hat on as much as possible.

Misguided can you remember how much it cost and how long it took? And poor you, sitting through that! I was thinking I might have to set an example by getting mine done too but was hoping to get away with just having my toes/nails painted at the same time instead!

Ha, the joys of having 4 year olds eh!!

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

My daughter had it done in Thailand & she is very fair. I put suncream on the top of her head and didn't have a problem at all, as our friends little one got terribly burnt due to her pulling her hat off all the time..

Mentioned in this post
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,925 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

Ok doom and gloom merchant - a few of years there was a story about a young english girl (7yrs) who had her hair braided on holiday in Greece - the braids were done too tight and all her hair fell out. Too much strain on the hair follicles. Case maybe unusual as the stress caused her to get alopecia.

perth
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

im glad you posted this question,as we are taking our 4 yr old to bali next week and want to get her hair and nails done,shes fussy with her hair so hope they gentle lol 6 days to go YAY :) hope ypu have a great time and your 4 yr old loves it

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

we had our girls hair done from a proper salon to! the one off the street did as good a job as i could of! we are heading back next thursday but they arnt getting it done this time it really damages the hair it just snaps off! maybe dont leave them in to long! have fun 8 sleeps for our family of 8! cant wait

perth
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kids hair braiding + nail art

oh really hope it doesnt do too much damage :( lol

im going with my husband,brother,sister and we have 3 kids between us and a 6 month old bubba so excited its coming so quick yay hope ya have a great time ;)

Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa