We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rabies

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
rabies

do you need rabies injection for holidays in bali we are staying in Melia Benoa Hotel

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,655 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: rabies

Hi pollyanna - you don't need rabies injections specifically for staying in the Melia Benoa, I believe it's quite a nice hotel. However your GP may recommend rabies injections thanks to the outbreak that started a couple of years ago in Bali. Since then, there has been a mass programme of dog innoculations, and stray dog exterminations.

It's entirely your choice whether you pay for the expensive course of injections; personally I've never bothered and just make sure I employ a bit of common sense and don't approach dogs, pet them after I've been eating sausages etc. You may also want to stay away from monkey forests as monkeys can carry the disease also.

2. Re: rabies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa