We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Went down to Tao on BH last full night in Bali - I'd celebrated my 50th there last year with a bunch of family and friends.

Awesome Restaurant, sat outside and ordered al la carte instead of the Tasting menu.

Food, Service and the Drinks just sensational.

BH left for home and work, made a few interesting comments about his fellow travellers and what they wear, particulary those who pay to sit in the lounge.

Garuda now using the Dewa Lounge - a much improved version of the Prada.

Seperate area for Executive Passengers and those who pay to use the lounge.

BH had a good flight home, well looked after by the crew, several who had looked after us before. The French Toast for breakfast is delicious, someone got a second helping ......

Friends of Friends who live in Bali - had invited us out to Candi Dasa for the weekend by BH just wanted to chill poolside, so Monday morning their driver collected me, and first stop was the Bat Cave. Goa Lawah Temple.

I really enjoyed this short visit - as this is where the Balinese Hindu come after a cremation.

(sometimes a body is not cremated but buried, as the cremation process is very expensive, so often a banjar will have a group cremation up to 5 years later, after exhuming the body)

A month after the cremation, the family attends Goa Lawah - scatters the ashes in the ocean then cross's the rd to the temple and makes offerings and prayers to the Gods.

On to Bayshore at Candi Dasa - met my friends friends - and another friend of theirs from Melbourne, who joined me for a visit to Tirta Ganga.

Tirta Gange was awesome, the Kings Water Palace.

Had a great local guide, who kept cracking us up - by taking our pictues (with my camera) and calling it a honeymoon shot -

We then headed down to Ajung to another of the Kings Water Palaces - this one not as elaborate - but with a very elaborate holiday home in the middle of the water.

Followed by a late lunch back at Bayshore - awesome Mahi Mahi

Had a bit of rain - started at 4am - so heavy I thought my bathroom was flooding. Kept up till about 10am - then another heavy fall about midday.

Love a bit of rain in Bali - if freshens the air - and cleans everything.

Wandered down the rd with a new friend to the Boutique - awesome bag shop.

There are two staff there, one appears to me to be from Java the other from Bali.

My new friend bought two very nice handbags, watched a very well done rip off - that we saw straight thru, one bag was 775 000 the other 975 000 with a standard 10% discount, yet the total price was 1.895 000, when it should have been 1.575 000.

Took us about 15 mins of bartering to get the price to the 1.575 000. So be careful shoppers do your own calculations.......

I was pretty annoyed as I have spent a lot of money in that shop and sent a lot of people down there who have all bought. The staff recognize me as a good customer, and actions like this are just so short sighted.

I went back a few nights later to buy a bag for a friends 40th, both staff were there, the Balinese girl made a huge fuss of me, offered me a 20% discount before I even started looking, so grabbed a few other things I liked and then paid by Visa - to make sure it was all above board........

Had a stroll around Bali Collection, needed new suitcases as mine had lost its handles when we arrived, a very nice sale at Sogo 70% off a very good brand, nest of 3 all fit inside each other...... perfect.

Tom Price, Australia
1 post
1. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

I have enjoyed reading your JBRs as we are staying at the Penninsular in July. We have booked the new 2 bedroom bungalows... don't guess you go to see them at all?

We haven't stayed in this area before, can you tell me if there is a recommended Tailor close by as I want to get some trousers and dresses made. How about an optometrist with designer frames?

I have made a list of all the restaurants you have suggested so we can try them out.

Ta Neets

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Hi

Sorry for the delay in responding. The bungalows are apparently very nice - very private.

The best tailor is Bimo at Bimo Bali Collection, across the rd from Peninsula - shop set back a little from the rd and has green painted walls.

Mens and womans tailoring and shoes. Allow plenty of time, as he is pretty busy and sometimes takes a day or two extra, but always deliverers.

Enjoy

Western Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Hi. I enjoyed reading your report - sounds like you had a lovely holiday. I liked the sound of the Boutique bag shop. Do you have any details on where it is located? I will be staying at the Novotel Benoa in a couple of weeks.

Many thanks.

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Hello, we are also staying at the Novotel Benoa at the end of July and I'd also like to know more about the Boutique Bag Shop.

Your JBR has lots of great info, enjoyed reading it - Thank you

Thank you!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

The Boutique - is at Jalan Pratama 89 D just after the little dog leg bend, near the new Bumbu Bali Restaurant. Phone fax is 361 775548

If heading down Jalan Pratrama from Nusa Dua towards the Novotel Benoa - it is on your left, opposite the 24hr BAG convience store.

It has designer handbags - a few fashion items and accessories.

Very good quality - expect to pay about 1 million per bag - they are all price taged, but the store does offer a standard 10% discount.

As mentioned watch the calculations closely as they can sometimes be worked out so they are not in your favour.

But having said that - great quality designer bags.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Thank you very much for the information! I am looking forward to visiting the shop!

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
8. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Hi! Just got back from my Bali holiday... was my 5th time to Bali and this time we stayed in Tanjung Benoa area. Will never stay anywhere else! Was a beautiful area. We stayed at Rumah Bali and found this gorgeous little homewares/ Cafe just not far from our villa. Opposite Penninusla Hotel. It was called Harmony Home & Cafe. The owner was an aussie and it was our one stop shop in Bali. I have done my shopping on the island before and this shop beat every other shop!... It is set price (so none of that time wasting bargaining AND it was at least a third of the price of the Nusa Dua shopping centre) and it had something for everyone (including alot for myself! hah!).. Great clothing range, homewares, furniture (apparently they also do shopping tours & cargo) and they make THE YUMMIEST CAKES and from my perspective the best coffee i've had in Bali!... was just some little great shop i discovered and wanted to share with everyone because it is a must if your in the area! The balinese man that works there is lovely and very very helpful for any other info of the area!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

why did u do your own jbr

this is old threaD

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: JBR Tangjung Benoa part 2

Wow. So glad you enjoyed TB it is special.

Directions to this cafe please.

Will sample it in May

Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa