We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

we have visited Bali before and stayed in Sanur, this time we'd like to try the nusa dua area and are considering an all inclusive resort, can anyone tell me if this area still has hawkers and beach massage/pedicure etc or is it all in the hotels at spa prices?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

There are hawkers on the beach's - they are not as agressive as other areas - sometimes the luxury hotels move them on.

I know where I stay - they will not do business with you over the low wall which seperates the resort from the beach and the beach front path, so you have to go onto the beach etc. They are also very wary of you placing any item on the wall, eg DVD or paintings, while you look at them.

You will enjoy the change of pace.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Thinking on staying at the Club Bali Mirage as it looks like it would be good for the kids. Not sure whether bed and breakfast or all inclusive would be best. Any feedback on the resort and the hotel would be much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Club Bali Mirage
Club Bali Mirage
427 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Have not stayed at Club Bali Mirage, but it is well kept and popular. I often go to its sister property the Grand Mirage.

The spa there "Thallasso Bali" is awesome - including the Aquamedic Pool.

There are great shops and restaurants across the rd - its a great spot - you won't need to go far at all unless you are really motivated to

Mentioned in this post
Club Bali Mirage
Club Bali Mirage
427 Reviews
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
398 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Need some tips on the Grand Mirage pls. Do the all-inclusive price ($1,000) extra p.p. or just go the local restaurants? Im thinking the local restaurants??

Thanks all

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
The Grand Bali Nusa Dua
398 Reviews
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

I'd go to the local restaurants.

Maybe see if you can get a breakfast package, good value if you eat a big breakfast then just a light snack by the pool mid afternoon and then wander out to dinner at night.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

there are plenty of good if not great local restaurants i.e bali cardamon in Nusa Dua is awesome

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Sechelt, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay for around $100/night in the Nusa Dua/Tanjungbenoa or Sanur areas? Looking for cleanliness, quiet, pool, good breakfasts. Any advice on the Kind Villa Bintang Resort? Also looking at Homestays and B&B's. Will be there in early October.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

I have not stayed at the Villa Bintang but talked to people who have and they say it is very good - the pool is not very big but the grounds are nice and the location is pretty awesome.

U.K.
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Hope you don't mind me comming in on your thread but hubby and I are thinking of staying in this area too.I am a keen snorkeller and wonder if the snorkelling is good from the beach.

Thankyou,

M.

Sechelt, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: nusa dua/tanjungbenoa

Thanks to our001 in Sydney for the timely response. We will probably stay at the Kind Villas Bintang in Sanur for 3 nights after coming from Canada - long flight!! It sounds clean and reasonable.

I also like to snorkel but have read that it is better in the north part of Bali? Lonely Planet makes recommendations for good places to snorkel.

Are any of the beaches in the south good for swimming? The beach at Kind Villas doesn't look great, whereas the Jimbaran Bay area looks much cleaner. Any comments?

Thanks again.

Sheila

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jimbaran Bay
Jimbaran Bay
2,646 Reviews