We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

WA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

Hi,

My fiancee and I have booked out wedding at Novotel Tanjung Benoa for 11th June 2011. We arrive into Perth on the 7th and are staying at the Novotel from the 7th - 15th June

We have an amazing wedding planner/organiser however I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what the facilites are like? What the atomosphere is like there? What exciting things there are to do? Do they have massages along the beach? (like in Thailand)

Have you attended a wedding there before?

Anything and everything would be a great help.

I have read some AMAZING reviews on the Resort however I'm getting a little anxious/nervous as the date gets closer, especially because we have planned a destination wedding to a destination we have never been hahaha

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

Hi

I have stayed at The Novotel 3 times now and really enjoy it. Sometimes I do prefer the quietness of the area and it is only a 20-30 taxi ride over to Kuta/Legian area.

When I stayed in October I saw a wedding being set up. It is set up on the beach in from of the Beach Cabana area. It was set up outside our room and I watch them set up the aisle. There was a floral arch, frangipanis down the aisle, baliness flags and umbrellas and covered seating (white chairs) For the reception they set up round tables around the pool area. And I think I saw guests arriving arounf 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

The hotel is family orientated - lots of activites to keep everyone busy. I found that there were alot of europeans staying there, maybe because of the Novotel Brand. There were alot of russians and French travellers there.

They have a massage cabana set up near the beach but we found it too pricey an found somewhere outside for less than half of what they are offereing. The breakfast spread is quite good too.

The beach is not that great - some seaweed about but the hotel staff do go in and "weed" the area. They also sweep all the debris out of the sand and its kept quite clean.

All the best with your wedding. We are also getting married in Bali but in october....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

I forgot to add - Benoa is famous for watersports... They may be some noise on the water front due to this. jetskis, Banana boats and Parasailing. I dont think there is a need for concern but it can get a bit noisy sometimes.

WA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
3. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

Thank you!!!!

You provided me with some great information, especially when you said that the reception was set up with round tables as i was given the impression there wasn't room for this so THANK YOU :)

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

My daughter is also getting married at Novotel Tanjung Benoa in June!! She and her fiance actually checked out the resort with their wonderful wedding planner and they felt this was the perfect choice for their requirements. They were torn between here and the Novotel Nusa Dua but the felt that Tanjung Benoa ticked more boxes for them.

I hope it's reassuring for you to know that another bride to be has chosen the same venue!!

I'm sure with the help of a good wedding planner, your wedding will go off without a hitch and it will be a day that you will remember forever.

Enjoy your special day :-)

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
134 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

I can't wait for your wedding! It's going to be fab!

WA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
6. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

Veejay - Thank you for your feedback :) Definately reassuring to know that there's another bride that's chosen the same venue :)

Gina - Cannot wait! :)

Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
7. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

After visitng and staying at the hotel a few times, we have chosen this venue for our wedding in September this year !!

We are using the hotels wedding planner services (Yuli).

Round tables of 8 persons Max. 5 tables plus a Rectangle bridal table.

We have asked for a price for a small stage/dancefloor area to be built, so be sure to enquire about this also. (there is room to dance, just a bit uneven and grass. )

Not really massages on the beach like Thailand - thats more the Kuta/Legian area, though there is one lady and a small market stall that sets up on the hotel boundary.

Would love to keep in touch / compare notes...

Berwick Victoria
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

You will love it the place is AMAZING. perfect for a beautiful wedding.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

VeeJay.......

What date? we are there in June 2012!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
134 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Novotel Tanjung Benoa Wedding

I photographed Mahu's wedding and it was amazing. They flew me over from Phuket. In a few weeks I will post some photos on my blog.

Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa