We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston Bali

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
56 reviews
Aston Bali

Hi - First time to this part of the world.

We are focussing on the Aston Bali but was wondering if anyone can advise on the all inclusive vs the breakfast only deal. Is the all inclusive worth it or can you get reasonable food and drinks elsewhere nearby?

Also any advice on excursions to see some of Bali would be welcomed

Thanks!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,111 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Aston Bali

For the majority of us regulars, the thought of having every meal at our hotel is something we would not enjoy.

There are so many wonderfulo places to eat all over Bali, it would be a pity to not go and explore some of these eateries.

You will find many restaurants/cafes in and around the area you are staying, but it is great to take a cab and try some of the great eats available in other areas, ie Sanur, Legian, Kuta, Seminyak et al - 25 minutes or so away from your hotel.

If it were me, I would take the breakfast option and treat yourself to somewhere new each day for lunch and/or dinner.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
317 reviews
2. Re: Aston Bali

Hi charlieg

I agree with Soo-Darwin - you will really regret it if you decide to take the all inclusive option. Eating out in Bali is one of the great pleasures - an enormous variety of restaurants at absolutely amazing prices. You would hate it if you felt obliged to dine in your hotel every night.

Cheers

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Aston Bali

Perfect thanks I'll take your collective advice!

I read about an elephant excursion somewhere in the central of the island. Have you folk experienced it or can recommend any other good experiences?

Cheers

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,111 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Aston Bali

No, I haven't been there, but I have heard great things said about the Safari Park.

Also have a look at the 'Things to do in Bali' which is found up on the top right hand side of the Bali forum page - so much to do, so little time!!

Enjoy yourself.

5. Re: Aston Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa