We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel prices

florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
hotel prices

I am looking to book a hotel for a trip in April since I read that is the start of when you should book. I am considering the Holiday Inn Resort in Tanjung Benoa. I have been reading may TA responses. I am confused by hotel prices. There is such a wide ranges of prices. Not sure what price point I should book at. I do want a hotel with breakfast. I want a pool and beach. Adults in 50's traveling without children. Would love to hear suggestions.

6 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,987 posts
95 reviews
63 helpful votes
1. Re: hotel prices

Hi,

any reason you've chosen TB

How long are you staying.

I just book when I plan. I just do a TA search and see what properties come up and who is offerring what (Agoda, Expedia etc).

TB is a manufactured Resort area.

Holiday Inn is near the Conrad. This area has a few places to eat and drink outside.

A mile north around the Grand Mirage is the best area to be with things outside of the Hotel.

Generally this area, especially around Nusa Dua. is mostly 5*'AI style resorts, often gated, often little to nothing outside.

Also the most expensive and not ideally located for any sightseeing.

florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: hotel prices

thank you for responding. I had picked it because I had seen the hotel in a package. We are planning a 7-10 day trip. our flight to get there is app 27 hours so not rushing home. I obviously need to do more research.

australia
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
3. Re: hotel prices

Hi, as NotaPigsty has mentioned, travellers to Bali generally use an OTA such as Booking.com etc. there is a filter, room photos, room rates, hotel facilities, reviews, decent enough map of hotel locations. You're correct there can be several prices for room types so it's important to read the details. Easy enough; there's no hidden surprises. I chose Booking.com for many trips to Bali as there is a Free Cancellation option. We never pay up front; pay at the end of our stay. Basically no one does packages.

I personally wouldn't choose Tanjung Benoa or Nusa Dua. If you're interested in sightseeing you need to read the pinned posts at the top of the Forum and Things To Do. If sightseeing is on the agenda choose areas closer to your interests. There'd be lots of toing and froing from T.B. We enjoy Sanur, Ubud, Seminyak. With 10 days, you could consider two locations.

Perhaps telling us the time of year you're planning your trip would be helpful and I see your accommodation budget is generous. Bali is not famed for beautiful beaches. Good luck.

Edited: 03 September 2018, 04:25
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,987 posts
95 reviews
63 helpful votes
4. Re: hotel prices

Hi left,

as above plus you need to think about what interests you may have. Certain sight/activities are best done from certain places/areas.

A few months ago a UK couple said "just booked 2 weeks in Nusa Dua and are avid Scuba divers" to which the reply was "couldn't have made a worse choice".

Theirs was a "package" pushed by a UK travel agent.

7/10 days can easily split between 2 places.

As above most of us don't do packages. Just book flights then sort out accommodation afterwards. Easy to get a private driver to transfer between hotels and NOT have to use hotels, often expensive, driver services.

Also easy to get a private driver to yourself for day trips.

General rule is to avoid online tour/activity booking companies or tour agency package "add-ons"

Whangaparaoa, New...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
121 reviews
75 helpful votes
5. Re: hotel prices

We have stayed at Grand Mirage five times and are planning to stay for five nights in late May. I have not booked it yet as the price is much higher than usual so I am hoping to not have to pay that much. The beach along Jl Pratama from the Holiday Inn and up to Grand Mirage about 4 km away is not really swimmable as it is very busy with all kinds of water sports plus no one would be wise to swallow any water! We have also booked ( for the third time) a Luxury Escapes deal at the Ayodya on the nicest part of Nusa Dua beach ( Mengiat Beach) We were there in June and the breakfast was excellent. Long beach frontage and much cleaner sand and water

Edited: 08 October 2018, 09:26
Whangaparaoa, New...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
121 reviews
75 helpful votes
6. Re: hotel prices

We find Expedia and Booking.com seem to be the best to book with. Travel agents just sell what they want to push on the day. Read lots of reviews before you book as everyone’s needs are different. This will be Trip no 14 to the area so, unlike others, we like it a lot. Message me if you want information about restaurants,money changing, massage places etc

Reply to: hotel prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa