We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

We are planning on camping on the coast near Newport over the 4th of July holiday....any recommendations on parades, fireworks or other unique celebrations taking place along the central coast that week?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

How near Newport? Newport has fire works so does Depoe Bay and Taft. As I recall Depoe Bay of July 3, other two on 4th. We will be there in Depoe Bay

Edited: 01 June 2012, 09:28
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,465 posts
1,110 reviews
2. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

Yes, Newport has a pretty good fireworks display right over the bay on the 4th, although with the new NOAA building and ships there now I don't know where they will light them off.

Both Depoe Bay and Waldport have fireworks on July 3rd.

July 4th Yachats has the Le De Dah parade starting at noonish, plus music and pie and the Duck Race and then fireworks in the evening.

Or in the other direction, Gleneden Beach also has a parade at 1 pm I think, much more organized and formal than Yachats ;-)

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,930 posts
200 reviews
3. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

Just thought I'd ask if you already had campground reservations?

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
4. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

We have campground reservations at South Beach - prefer Beverly Beach, but it was full when we (finally) narrowed down the dates, time off, etc. South Beach isn't our favorite campground on the coast, but it'll do. Thanks for all the great info - looks like lots of options for us.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
389 reviews
5. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

South Beach will be close to the Newport fireworks display on the 4th. We often enjoy watching the Depoe Bay (actually Boiler Bay) fireworks on the 3rd from our balcony or front walkway at our Worldmark resort. The on the 4th,we head over to the Gleneden parade that is pure Americana! Think pickup truck "floars," chickens in costume and a couple proud Corvette owners. Almost forgot, first the Gleneden pancake breakfast!

Always a great celebration!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

OJohn, You can get in every 4th?? For some reason our fractional is available this 4th again, like last year. But then it will be a few years.

We enjoyed the Gleneden Beach parade. and gathering.on 4th will go again this year.. We also enjoyed Boiler Bay fireworks

Edited: 02 June 2012, 10:13
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
389 reviews
7. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

phirl, we don't get in every year, but amazingly we've been able to snag July 3rd several times during our 10 years as Worldmark owners. One year, I recall, it was so cold we were all bundled up in blankets on the balcony. Reminded me of Mark Twain's observation: "The coldest winter I ever spent was July in San Francisco."

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

Waldports on July 3rd is an easy 12 mile drive from South Beach

Portland, Oregon...
1 post
9. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

tons of them nearby.....see beachconnection.net/news/fourthjuly061512_12… although Depoe Bay's has been cancelled this year

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
10. Re: 4th of July Celebrations on the Coast?

Thanks for the great ideas. This link has a ton of information about all the celebrations along the coast - just what I was looking for!