We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

im going surf fishing....anyone been to matagorda bay?

greenville tx
2 posts
Save Topic
im going surf fishing....anyone been to matagorda bay?

Im going surf fishing in a few weeks...... have been to galveston to roll over pass and crystal beach and have had great luck with bull red and a few trout ..... caught some 39 and 41 inch bull reds but I also want to be able to catch a shark...... havent done that in galveston....... been doing some research and have been told to try matagorda bay....any tips? anyone been here?

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: im going surf fishing....anyone been to matagorda bay?

Well here is where you need to go there is lot of helpful people much like this fourm Hope this helps [ Texas fishing fourm ]

San Marcos Tx
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: im going surf fishing....anyone been to matagorda bay?

I went down to Matagorda about 4 weeks ago. Seaweed was pretty bad on the beach. There were some sharkhunters out there who were having some luck. The bay was very good. Limited out on reds everyday. No trout. Going back next week. Have fun and bring your 4WD. Beach driving very bad, sand was pretty deep.

greenville tx
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: im going surf fishing....anyone been to matagorda bay?

Well any better luck on this trip to matagorda ? I'm leaving this Thursday. What can I expect? Is the seaweed to bad to fish from the beach? And I'm pulling my pop up camper. Will I be able to set it up on beach?

4. Re: im going surf fishing....anyone been to matagorda bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2013, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Texas Gulf Coast
More Texas Gulf Coast Topics